August 25, 2019, 12:55:05 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 15539 times)

August 09, 2017, 07:39:07 PM
Read 15539 times

ally2

I think he'd be absolutely gutted if we sent him out on loan. Understandably so.

August 19, 2017, 05:04:04 AM
Reply #1

ally2

He'd be a total nightmare to play against, even at this stage.

September 19, 2017, 06:23:11 PM
Reply #2

ally2

I want him to try the extravagant. People complaining at him trying to take on multiple players - this is the English disease. That's why you end up with pace merchants and nothing else from English wingers. I don't expect him to take it through an entire team but more game time will allow him to naturally judge what is possible. If he has to calculate this every time he has the ball then you're going to end up with a percentages player and shouts of 'headless chicken'. He must be encouraged to do the unexpected.

September 30, 2017, 05:49:28 PM
Reply #3

ally2

Defo wouldn't have loaned him out myself!  Too good.

Yes he isn't getting game time here at this exact moment but no one knows why that is and there could very well be a good reason for it except everyone's in a very negative state of mind at the moment so believe what they want.

September 30, 2017, 10:55:13 PM
Reply #4

ally2

As shite as we've been playing lookman and vlasic should be starting for me, at least they give us pace and width instead of the ponderous turgid crap we've been served up this season

Yes great but that's no good against teams that sit back is it?

November 20, 2017, 07:39:07 PM
Reply #5

ally2

Lookman is your classic young, skillful but erratic winger. We've seen them all before. Just needs time to see if he will develop. He might not. I'd prefer him to stay here though if possible.