August 21, 2018, 09:01:56 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 11993 times)

August 07, 2017, 09:32:09 PM
Read 11993 times

Lxxx

In four competitions with the need for fresh legs, pace and trickery especially late on in games I'm a bit concerned we're starting to lack much depth on the bench if this comes off.

August 08, 2017, 06:52:21 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

He's got attributes you'd want on the bench if nothing is coming off with the ones on the pitch. For that reason he's useful to have in the squad. Sometimes you have to think of the 1st team not what is best for the lads career. Which sounds wrong but he's handsomely rewarded and needs must.

August 09, 2017, 08:28:43 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

A loan move to a side like Bournemouth would be perfect.

They paid 15m for a lad who was better than Sterling apparently and they can't find a use for him. They also paid big money for Gradel who was a small winger in the same mould and he was in and out of the team after his injury. Lower level teams quickly dispense with players who aren't seen as safe as soon as results don't go their way and league status is at stake.
I think he's much better, if he goes, to go a promotion chasing side who will utilise his skills every week and where he'd make most impact.

Of course I'd prefer he stayed as we don't have much else out wide on either flank.

August 20, 2017, 12:21:34 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

He'll probably go out on loan in January when Bolasie and Coleman return and we have a fully functioning right hand side again.

September 18, 2017, 06:05:28 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

I can see why he might want to shield him from playing and getting tanked against better teams than us.

September 19, 2017, 08:14:50 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

I want him to try the extravagant. People complaining at him trying to take on multiple players - this is the English disease. That's why you end up with pace merchants and nothing else from English wingers. I don't expect him to take it through an entire team but more game time will allow him to naturally judge what is possible. If he has to calculate this every time he has the ball then you're going to end up with a percentages player and shouts of 'headless chicken'. He must be encouraged to do the unexpected.

Getting hold of the ball in the final third is pretty unexpected at the minute. He's got a low base to start from.

November 20, 2017, 12:46:50 AM
Reply #6

Lxxx

He has done that.

I thought he was playing in League One when we signed him. Is it any wonder he has struggled, it's a hell of a jump for a young lad who didn't come through an academy. He should have been loaned out this season to the championship as a matter of course, to get him playing very week at a higher level than he was used and help his progression to a higher level.

November 20, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Just needs to play regular football at a level he can make a difference at to bring his game on. When Bolasie is back he won't get a look in so best to get him a decent championship side.