October 20, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 12548 times)

August 08, 2017, 03:47:29 PM
Read 12548 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman deffo this years George green.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 08, 2017, 07:33:44 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How is Lookman anything like George Green???

People will be begging for him to start despite not really knowing what level he's at.

Someone already saying if he doesn't play koeman's got to go. He's George green x1000
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2017, 05:39:11 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have Mirallas personally. I see what you're saying though. I like Lookman as an impact sub. Don't think DCL offers much to be honest, not yet.

We say this stuff but you actually like the IDEA of Lookman.

DCL has done much much more in his short time, Lookman he looked tactically and positionally inept, but fast and fun so the idea of bringing him on is exciting.

If he does go on loan I will be gutted but again I think I'm gutted at the losing the idea of Lookman, rather than what he actually does!

August 09, 2017, 05:40:40 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
P.s no chance he plays 20-30 games unless he makes a meteoric leap forward.

August 09, 2017, 06:41:20 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it's easy to say that though, DCL has also had more of a chance. I've found him a bit lacking, static and short of guile as an AM option. Maybe he can grow into a decent forward, but I don't think he's as potentially influential or able to change the dimension of a game as the other two.
 Agree with you its the idea of Lookman though, but especially with the current squad, he offers something different...a different threat for defenders to worry about. At least until Yala is back anyway.

Yeah i know what you mean, would love him to have a Sterling-esque season as someone said above, just get the feeling Koeman likes the look of him but he hasn't done enough of the reliable stuff.

Definitely got a touch of gold dust about him.

DCL, there's something about him Koeman likes and I think we saw a glimpse in Europe. He's big, strong, good frame and good technically in terms of first touch, lay offs, little bit of tight space dribbling (not like skinning people but retaining possession).

If he develops well think he's going to be a really good number 9.

August 19, 2017, 02:52:03 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really like the look of him.

September 19, 2017, 05:43:36 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's even worse than Barkley for losing the ball carelessly.

At the minute we look so frail on the break he's probably concerned that having Lookman on might be exciting but it'll probably cost us points when he gets in nicked off him.

I expect to see him Wednesday though tbh. Look forward to it.

September 19, 2017, 05:50:38 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If losing the ball carelessly was a reason for not getting picked, Rooney wouldn't be making the starting XI anytime soon again. If Barkley had given the ball away as much as him during that Man United game, it would've been held up as an example of why Koeman doesn't pick him.

That said, I think Lookman is better off the bench right now.

Yeah he's weird rooney. Either a cut above or insanely sloppy, often within mins of one another.

September 21, 2017, 11:56:51 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I stopped reading at pick, cos I dont think Koeman is anywhere near good enough to manage us.
I for one dont care what koeman has to say about players or who he favors, ive had enough of the boring pragmatic football,
We have players who can get the fans behind us with pace and excitement, but all we get is Moyes-esque players in the wrong positions just cos we are shitting ourselves of the opposition.. oh we're playing  the Cherries.. lets play 8 defenders again.

Flapped it

September 22, 2017, 03:09:59 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Should've loaned him out if he going to barely get used. Needs football. Vital age for development.

Can't remember who it was who said the argument against this is that he's played men's football, just at a lower league. he needs top level coaching more than that.

September 23, 2017, 12:13:07 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This thread in danger of being moved to the shite shouts thread.