November 18, 2017, 05:25:19 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 7344 times)

September 22, 2017, 03:09:59 AM
Reply #120

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Should've loaned him out if he going to barely get used. Needs football. Vital age for development.

Can't remember who it was who said the argument against this is that he's played men's football, just at a lower league. he needs top level coaching more than that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

September 22, 2017, 08:44:44 PM
Reply #121

hannu

defo should use him more, has pace and isnt shot shy

September 22, 2017, 08:55:34 PM
Reply #122

Gary1878

3 good excuses there mate when he's back at Charlton.

No excuses. What I am saying is that he has the ability and he needs to be given game time in order to prove it. No good leaving him on the bench or out of match squads every game and expecting him to progress.

September 22, 2017, 08:56:40 PM
Reply #123

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think we'll see him more as the season progresses. However, you have to say you look at Vlasic in comparison at 19 and he looks like he's played at this level for a while now (which he has of course albeit in a different league but he's been up against more seasoned professionals). Of the two though it's hard not to see Vlasic as more ready at this moment.

September 22, 2017, 08:59:23 PM
Reply #124

Gary1878

Lookman is the same age at Rashford (11 days older), and look at how he has improved with game time and management.

If he has the ability, then he should be played much more than he is. Otherwise, send him out on loan. Either way, he needs experience and letting him play with the under 23s doesn't give him that.

September 22, 2017, 10:14:07 PM
Reply #125

Toddacelli

I stopped reading at pick, cos I dont think Koeman is anywhere near good enough to manage us.
I for one dont care what koeman has to say about players or who he favors, ive had enough of the boring pragmatic football,
We have players who can get the fans behind us with pace and excitement, but all we get is Moyes-esque players in the wrong positions just cos we are shitting ourselves of the opposition.. oh we're playing  the Cherries.. lets play 8 defenders again.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 22, 2017, 11:23:04 PM
Reply #126

SANA_DR0

The peoples eyebrow, for the Peoples club.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 23, 2017, 12:13:07 AM
Reply #127

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This thread in danger of being moved to the shite shouts thread.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 30, 2017, 03:45:35 PM
Reply #128

BlueForYou

Spurs, interested

Barkley & Lookman double swoop?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 30, 2017, 04:01:19 PM
Reply #129

Faceatthefence

Spurs, interested

Reading that on nights,50 million? The spurs obviously see attacking flair as positive in the modern game.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 30, 2017, 04:03:44 PM
Reply #130

BlueForYou

London homesick blues for Mola?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 30, 2017, 04:28:56 PM
Reply #131

sam of the south

Spurs, interested

I think they would both do brilliantly under Pochettino's tutelage.

*sigh* 😔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 30, 2017, 05:01:27 PM
Reply #132

SANA_DR0

Hope this is all bullshit,

one of our most exciting players, i feel he's being mis handled by Koeman, ie, He could have brought him on in the last ten mins V Apollon, or against anyone in the last 10 mins, give the kid more experience.

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 05:11:51 PM
Reply #133

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Hope this is all bullshit,

one of our most exciting players, i feel he's being mis handled by Koeman, ie, He could have brought him on in the last ten mins V Apollon, or against anyone in the last 10 mins, give the kid more experience.

My general rule of thumb is 80% of newspaper transfer rumours are bullshit
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 30, 2017, 05:20:08 PM
Reply #134

toffee_scot

I'm surprised he didn't go out on loan before the summer transfer window shut, he could have done with a few months playing first team football regularly perhaps for a Championship team.