August 25, 2019, 02:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 15544 times)

August 19, 2017, 08:13:47 PM
Read 15544 times

toffee_scot

why would you want him loaned out, it pissed me off that Dowell was loaned out, i wanted  to see him develop with us!
he would have been awesome last night, i know i big up super mo, lol but Dowell is a much better player than Besic.

I guess the thinking behind this was Dowell would play more minutes of first team football on loan than he would have at Everton where he would have probably only featured playing in the odd game for the last 10 minutes or so and occasionally starting the game maybe in a League cup game against lower tier opposition. As long as he gains plenty of experience at Nottingham Forest then hopefully by next season he will be ready to feature more prominently for Everton.

I must admit, I'm wondering if perhaps Lookman should also go out on loan on a short term basis this season. The big concern of course would be that we lose the availability of one player in a position where we are short of quality and options, but remember that he's made a big jump from playing non-League football to League One football and then not so long afterwards to Premier League football and he's still only 19. He might also benefit from playing regularly for a Championship team. I trust that Koeman knows what option will be best for Lookman this season.

September 30, 2017, 05:20:08 PM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

I'm surprised he didn't go out on loan before the summer transfer window shut, he could have done with a few months playing first team football regularly perhaps for a Championship team.