October 16, 2019, 11:24:26 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Hajduk Split  (Read 33928 times)

August 13, 2017, 09:18:58 AM
Read 33928 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We're going to have to make some changes with the City match in mind for this one.

Stekelenburg
Holgate Keane Williams Baines
Davies Barry Gana
Lookman DCL Mirallas

Unless Garbutt is going to make a surprising return then we're really going to need to sign a left back before the window closes.

Having played a full side in both legs last time I doubt he'd be making so many changes in the first leg.

August 13, 2017, 09:24:01 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There weren't any matches between the legs or after (competitive) that time.

True but doing that in the first leg jeopardises the whole tie.

Plus I'm sure he mentioned going out at this stage with Southampton and said that they picked their full team, they were just rubbish...

Think we can worry about rotation if in the groups where it's more predictable so you can be more specific in your changes and also the LC.

August 14, 2017, 05:30:54 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
..................maybe it's on Facebook and the club are waiting to sell out the ground before it's announced  :snigger:

Tickets seem to be going a bit slower for this one than the previous round.

Could be a combination of the early enthusiasm having quickly worn off and the full ground being open so an extra 6,500 to sell I suppose.

August 16, 2017, 06:37:56 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not many tickets left, will be a sell out

Of course last round we only had 34,500 to fill as well.

Similar crowd is more than fine for this round.

August 18, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was impressed with us getting in a announcer to read out their team.

Normally we go for someone who says their names and translates their numbers in to the appropriate language.

In this case the announcer settled for saying the numbers in English with an Eastern European accent.