November 22, 2017, 10:52:19 PM

Author Topic: 10 Questions Manchester City!  (Read 2630 times)

January 15, 2010, 06:01:52 AM
Read 2630 times

Danny

This is aimed at the fan of city on the article from the OS. It disgusts me the sheer arogance and ignorance of some fans of other clubs, don't get me wrong Cahill is one of our top players but how many times do i have to read that he's not only our best player but our biggest threat to the opposition team when he's barely scored a goal for a year. The fact aswell that he's commented on Tottenham and Villa's squads being better than us and then gone on to say that we may struggle to finish in the top half? does he not realise that even with those teams finishing above us that still leaves plenty of room for us? Rant over.

deCoubertin

January 15, 2010, 06:04:26 AM
Reply #1

Chris

Administrator
Never used to have a problem with City. The money has gone completely to some of their heads though.

Such a massive club.

January 15, 2010, 06:10:47 AM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

I struggle to sleep at night knowing they spent 32.5 million on Robihno. And he does nothing. And they don't care...

Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 15, 2010, 06:12:13 AM
Reply #3

Chris

Administrator
And you've just jinxed it for Saturday ;)

January 15, 2010, 06:13:30 AM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

FFFFFUUUUU Sorry guys.

He'll probably brake his shit away form as well. At Everton. Fuck.

January 15, 2010, 06:37:40 AM
Reply #5

toffee_scot

This is aimed at the fan of city on the article from the OS. It disgusts me the sheer arogance and ignorance of some fans of other clubs, don't get me wrong Cahill is one of our top players but how many times do i have to read that he's not only our best player but our biggest threat to the opposition team when he's barely scored a goal for a year. The fact aswell that he's commented on Tottenham and Villa's squads being better than us and then gone on to say that we may struggle to finish in the top half? does he not realise that even with those teams finishing above us that still leaves plenty of room for us? Rant over.

It is quite interesting how opposition fans views of some of our players differ from us. Last season, a lot of us were moaning about Fellaini but the opposition fans thought he caused them a lot of hassle. I'm sure we say positive things about certain opposition players even though the fans of the club that the particular player represents may view him in a negative light. Cahill still manages to come up with the odd goal for us.

By saying Spurs and Villa squads are better than us, I suppose they mean in terms of quality. The quality of the opposition does not always dictate the position a club will end up in the table. Spurs have had an overall better pool of quality talent than us in the last 2 years yet we've managed to finish well above them. Just like this season we may have added a few more very good players to our squad (while losing one quality player to Man City) yet teams like Stoke, Fulham and Birmingham are above us in the table. It is possible that we could finish below Birmingham, Sunderland and Fulham if we don't win more points as quickly as possible.

January 15, 2010, 06:42:58 AM
Reply #6

Endless, Nameless

It is quite interesting how opposition fans views of some of our players differ from us. Last season, a lot of us were moaning about Fellaini but the opposition fans thought he caused them a lot of hassle. I'm sure we say positive things about certain opposition players even though the fans of the club that the particular player represents may view him in a negative light. Cahill still manages to come up with the odd goal for us.

By saying Spurs and Villa squads are better than us, I suppose they mean in terms of quality. The quality of the opposition does not always dictate the position a club will end up in the table. Spurs have had an overall better pool of quality talent than us in the last 2 years yet we've managed to finish well above them. Just like this season we may have added a few more very good players to our squad (while losing one quality player to Man City) yet teams like Stoke, Fulham and Birmingham are above us in the table. It is possible that we could finish below Birmingham, Sunderland and Fulham if we don't win more points as quickly as possible.

this

You make some very good points, my friend   :thumbsup:

January 15, 2010, 01:39:00 PM
Reply #7

Derek

They nearly always choose Cahill.

The money really has gone to their heads. I'd love it if they won absolutely dick for the next few years just to serve them right.

Some of the 10 questions are ok, I remember the Burnley, Birmingham and Stoke one's being quite gracious and funny.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 15, 2010, 03:45:15 PM
Reply #8

Danny

Some of the 10 questions are ok, I remember the Burnley, Birmingham and Stoke one's being quite gracious and funny.

Probably because their fans are down to earth decent people. City fans don't remember where they were 2 years ago!

January 15, 2010, 03:52:41 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I've been saying this for years about City fans.

I always predicted that they'd be as arrogant as Utd fans, if they ever had anything to shout about.

They haven't even done anything yet and they're already up there.

And he's probably said those things as he knows it'll wind everybody up. They don't like us, remember.

January 15, 2010, 05:23:05 PM
Reply #10

Thom

Administrator
There's a comment in the Echo, on Joe Royle's interview, this morning from a City fan saying that they'll batter us 4-0 and that we're nothing special.

Now don't get me wrong, we arguably have been punching above our weight but to say we're nothing special just smacks of stupidity. Just goes to show how stupid some fans really are.

January 15, 2010, 05:34:48 PM
Reply #11

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Funny as it may seem maybe fans of other clubs don't really watch our matches?

Perhaps they judge our biggest threat based on reputation rather than form?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 15, 2010, 05:57:02 PM
Reply #12

Derek

Bugger to them all.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 15, 2010, 06:02:09 PM
Reply #13

Gumpinio

Funny as it may seem maybe fans of other clubs don't really watch our matches?

Its hard to gauge our ability from 30 seconds of footage as the last match of MotD, followed by 12 seconds of analysis on the other team.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

January 15, 2010, 06:17:28 PM
Reply #14

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Its hard to gauge our ability from 30 seconds of footage as the last match of MotD, followed by 12 seconds of analysis on the other team.

Exactly, so they would go off of what they see against us, which is usually Tim scoring.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."