November 23, 2017, 05:42:53 PM

Author Topic: Players on loan 17/18  (Read 6632 times)

August 20, 2017, 05:53:24 PM
Reply #45

dazfrancis

Those are pretty impressive highlights considering we're not even in September.

Some people don't amass highlights like that during their whole career.

That flick from the corner over the defender for the assist  :thumbsup:

deCoubertin

August 20, 2017, 06:37:07 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/kieran-dowell-something-special-five-351400

Kieran Dowell is an incredible talent

Forest have had some wonderful midfielders over the years, the likes of John McGovern, Nigel Clough and Roy Keane to name but three.

Kieran Dowell is something special and you can see why heís so highly rated at Everton.

Thereís no histrionics with him, he just plays the game as it should be played and has such a fine football brain that will take him to the very highest level.

Give it a couple of years, he may well be talked about as one of the top midfielders in England.

His impact against Middlesbrough was hugely impressive and, while the majority of it came in the first half, partly because Forest lacked an element of control once David Vaughan departed before the break, he was key to much of the good work that his side did amid a performance that, at times, oozed quality.

His fleet-footed nature ensures he glides around the pitch effortlessly and sees things that others donít. A case in point was the ball he played through that cut Boroís defence apart for Barrie McKay to open the scoring which was nothing short of sublime.

Dowell is already becoming a firm fixture in this Forest side and his style and panache typifies the way in which Mark Warburton likes his team to play.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 20, 2017, 08:07:14 PM
Reply #47

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Has the word panache ever been used before to describe a Warburton side?

Simply simply lovely

August 20, 2017, 08:25:47 PM
Reply #48

MmmBlueRamirez

Has the word panache ever been used before to describe a Warburton side?

Warburtons Panache.

The finest Artisan Loaf.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 20, 2017, 08:31:21 PM
Reply #49

Rodenplav64

Always had a soft spot for Forest and it would be good to see them back in the big time . If we provide them with a player who plays a big part then that can only be good for the club .

August 21, 2017, 06:00:47 AM
Reply #50

Toddacelli

Those are pretty impressive highlights considering we're not even in September.
3 games. That's all they're from.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 21, 2017, 06:02:37 AM
Reply #51

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone know how Orinoco Flow or whatever his name is, over in Anderlecht is doing?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 21, 2017, 07:00:40 AM
Reply #52

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I actually do want to know what's happenned to Tarashaj, is he alive? Is he with the U23s? Have we sold him? Seems like he's dropped off the face of he earth!
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 21, 2017, 08:35:17 AM
Reply #53

Jamokachi

I actually do want to know what's happenned to Tarashaj, is he alive? Is he with the U23s? Have we sold him? Seems like he's dropped off the face of he earth!

Injured apparently. This is from an article dated the 15th of August:

As for striker Shani Tarashaj (22 years), back in Everton, he was operated meniscus. Like his comrade, the unfortunate must wear crutches and miss the Swiss-Andorra meeting in St. Gallen. (The morning)

https://www.lematin.ch/sports/football/widmer-tarashaj-forfaits-andorre/story/17689115

August 21, 2017, 03:02:25 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

A touch of the Leandro Rodriguez about Tarashaj isn't there. Or a Niasse.

August 21, 2017, 03:20:30 PM
Reply #55

hill135

Ron probably took one look at him and deemed him shite like all of Roberto's other gambles.

August 21, 2017, 04:14:22 PM
Reply #56

Jamokachi

He was highly rated when we got him, by all accounts.

August 21, 2017, 05:08:16 PM
Reply #57

SANA_DR0

Absolutely nothing surprising about what Dowell is doing at Forest. He's too good for that level. You could see at age 17, when he made his debut against Krasnodar, that he had the game mapped and that he was always one or two steps ahead of the defense. He may not have been particularly influential that night because we were so disjointed but all of the signs were there and he's only gotten better since. Mentally, he's the most exciting attacking prospect we've had since Rooney.

He's only out on loan to prove that he can cope with the physical side of the professional game in England. So far, so good.  :thumbsup:

i agree ^^ 1000%

which is why i thought he was good enough to stay with us this season. true he would have got about half the games he will have at forest, but i wanted to see him develop with us, but evertonians being what they are, like to knock our own players for being not good enough/too young, when they haven;t even seen them play

Dowell would offer Everton something different this year, something we haven't got. something we need.. but we'll have to wait till next season.

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 21, 2017, 05:33:53 PM
Reply #58

Marky Mark and the funky

Like I suspect many have done, I signed up for NSNO like a giddy teenager finally old enough to go down to the pub only to promptly forget my password for a week :bonk:

Been loving the updates in here since, I am a bit of an U23 progress stalker but some of you have found things I missed :hail:

I've adopted Sunderland as my lower-league team of interest since watching them for Anichebe/Pienaar last year (hey, I got good Pickford knowledge from it, diagonals to Vic).

This year so far they have certainly been doing alright, I don't see them coming back up this season but onto our lads!

Browning has not put a foot wrong that I have seen (streams), I also read a bit of Sunderland RTG forums and he sounds like a rare totally safe, no-nonsense defender.

Galloway on the other hand... he is dangerous at both ends of the pitch if you get my meaning. He just seems to get skinned inside or out and rarely anticipates what his attacker is going to do.

August 21, 2017, 06:03:55 PM
Reply #59

Gary1878

With both Davies and Dowell next year, they could be running the midfield very soon! Just wish Barkley might reconsider and then we could have Davies, Dowell, Rooney and Barkley all in the same team!