November 21, 2017, 08:08:41 PM

Author Topic: [News]Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?  (Read 2720 times)

August 14, 2017, 06:54:52 PM
Read 2720 times

Everton News

Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?

Everton have made a series of signings over the summer in an attempt to bridge the gap to the Champions League places.

Source: Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?

deCoubertin

August 14, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
Reply #1

Ramjam

I would love it if they had but unfortunately not unless we pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat before the window closes
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 14, 2017, 07:02:15 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

I hope they don't think so or any optimism will soon disappear.

August 14, 2017, 07:31:10 PM
Reply #3

EVERTON 66

Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?

Everton have made a series of signings over the summer in an attempt to bridge the gap to the Champions League places.

Source: Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?
Not in my eyes just yet sigurdsson n welbeck n a good LB cover + bolassie n Coleman to return gives us a little squeak.

August 14, 2017, 07:37:11 PM
Reply #4

everton1952

August 14, 2017, 07:42:16 PM
Reply #5

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 14, 2017, 07:49:09 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Foundations are in place and the clubs we could potentially catch are the shite and perhaps Spurs if they struggle at Wembley.

Utd are favorites for the title for me. Think they'll be unstoppable with Lukaku now. What little I saw of him, the bastard seemed more up for it than we he was with us. But early days of course.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 14, 2017, 07:49:41 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2017, 07:53:26 PM
Reply #8

eyesalwaysblue

More optimistic than i was but not top 4...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 14, 2017, 07:59:34 PM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

If we still had Lukaku and an in-form Barkley then maybe . But we struggled to beat Stoke ,we were so pedestrian and rarely looked like scoring. The defence is better though and we've had 3 consecutive 1-0 wins in competitive games so that's maybe the pattern.
Starting Thursday we've got 4 games in 10 days .If we see off Hajduk Split and grind out a point each at Chelsea and City we'll have done well.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2017, 08:06:35 PM
Reply #10

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

August 14, 2017, 08:07:33 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

August 14, 2017, 08:11:30 PM
Reply #12

Waltzer

You could argue that as things stand the teams below us have closed more on us than we have the top 4

August 14, 2017, 08:13:50 PM
Reply #13

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Missing some pretty important puzzle pieces right now.

We've improved two positions at the back but there are issues in the other 3 be it the starting choice or the lack of cover.

I'd be infinitely more confident if we had Lukaku, as most would be I'd imagine. We look fairly pedestrian up top and that's not a recipe for finishing top 4.

More worryingly is the level of player were linked to in order to fill this void does not increase my confidence that we'll be particularly potent up front this year.

So we've strengthened some areas ehile weakening others and therefore at this current point in time we're equipped to stand still and finish around 7th...which is kinda disappointing if I'm honest.

Still time in the window to rectify a few of our issues but I'm expecting Valencia type signings rather than knock your socks off level ones.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:15:14 PM by blueToffee »

August 14, 2017, 08:15:36 PM
Reply #14

gizzblue

Ask again when the window shuts, but the short answer is ... nope ...
But we have rid of 90% of the dead wood replaced them with quality (although it will take a while to knit them) ..plus we've a new stadium on the horizon and we are actually in Europe ....not bad really considering the lead weighted plummet under Martinez not two years ago.
So we're in a ten fold better place ...although there are some supporters  who want it all yesterday .....or else 😅projectiles from pram and dummy spitting everywhere .