November 23, 2017, 09:08:49 PM

Author Topic: [News]Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?  (Read 2735 times)

August 14, 2017, 10:27:08 PM
Reply #30

WeimaranerBlues

Nope, unless last seasons top 6 have a complete meltdown,  even Ron has stated we need 3 more to compete with the top 6, so top 4 no chance

deCoubertin

August 14, 2017, 11:37:04 PM
Reply #31

Simon Paul

Administrator

August 15, 2017, 01:29:56 AM
Reply #32

Juanito

Sign a top class, quick, strong striker, a top class, rapid winger, a couple of maurading full backs, then it's possible.

August 15, 2017, 01:41:03 AM
Reply #33

D15TIN

Nope were about 4 players short at the moment I'd say

August 15, 2017, 01:59:15 AM
Reply #34

fubarruk

Nope, at least 4 players short.

Take a look at city's bench at the weekend, miles off that sort of squad depth.

August 15, 2017, 02:55:10 AM
Reply #35

toffee_scot

No. Not yet anyway.

We need a few more players in including a couple of very good attacking options because at present, the options we've got and the way the team is set up, we might struggle to score many goals. If we can get another good defender who can cover at centre back and left back then that would be a bonus.

We also need a couple of the top 6 to have below par seasons.

August 15, 2017, 03:07:11 AM
Reply #36

sam of the south

To be a genuine contender we would need two Wing-Backs to push Baines and Coleman, a proper partner for Keane at CB, a DCM fulcrum to challenge Schneiderlin, a top-class Winger, and a high-level Striker.

So yeah, just six players short.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 15, 2017, 03:25:38 AM
Reply #37

wepull

I don't think losing Lukaku has made us lose the shape and look slow. We have more or less improved our midfield from the last season but it will take time for them to gel together.

Also, I think Sigurdson will probably replace Gana in the starting line up which would help us to become more fluid in our attacking front.

August 15, 2017, 03:43:44 AM
Reply #38

Ravardo

Leave gana gueye out   :wag: are you mad he's been much better than sideway snides

August 15, 2017, 04:18:43 AM
Reply #39

MmmBlueRamirez

No

None

Nope

Nein

Negatory

Never in a million years

Not on my Watch

Nar

Nay

Norfolk in chance
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 15, 2017, 04:41:34 AM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think if we added :

Two strikers with guaranteed 30-35 goals between them if either had to play up top all year (martial and lukaku / morata and bats / aguero and jesus / giroud and lacca / sturridge and firmino)

Two wide men capable of 7-10 each (hazard and willian / Salah and Mane / rashford and mikhi / Walcott and santi (although injured) )

A partner worthy of Michael Keane that we can rely on for 30+ games (Rudiger / Jones / Stones / not Liverpool lol /)

A world class ten with pace, vision, skill and goals (coutinho / hazard / alexis / silva / pogba (sorta) / KdB /)

We could put in a genuine challenge.

If we then filled those worrying squad depth areas (full back especially) then we could win the league.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2017, 04:43:37 AM
Reply #41

penguinofdoom1878

not yet, but top 6 assault I think we can manage at this stage, even without the extra players we'd like in. Quite excited for this season

August 15, 2017, 10:16:46 AM
Reply #42

Jamokachi

August 15, 2017, 11:59:44 AM
Reply #43

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Missing a striker and a ball playing CB. Stones and Lukaka pretty much
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 15, 2017, 12:17:49 PM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Missing a striker and a ball playing CB. Stones and Lukaka pretty much

And here lies the problem of not being up there / having previously had any money.

Your always likely to be playing catchup. You sort one position out, then they leave when you've just sorted another out.

Always a gap to fill.