November 20, 2017, 06:31:02 AM

Author Topic: [News]Have Everton assembled a squad for a top- four assault?  (Read 2711 times)

August 22, 2017, 04:06:46 AM
Reply #60

hannu

fuck no, we have a squad that can only play 45 mins

deCoubertin

August 22, 2017, 04:24:01 AM
Reply #61

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I think we can forget that. If we can't hold a lead against 10 men, I'd say top 4 is well beyond what we're capable of
Considering that was away against a team likely to be top 2, I'll wait until next Saturday before making any assessment.

August 22, 2017, 05:12:48 AM
Reply #62

hannu

Considering that was away against a team likely to be top 2, I'll wait until next Saturday before making any assessment.

good call

August 22, 2017, 05:38:21 AM
Reply #63

everton1952

6th will be difficult, and 7th depends on getting a goal scorer, unless the closest teams fail to improve enough in which case we should still get 7th.

August 22, 2017, 01:55:52 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

Liverpool and Chelsea have dropped points against Watford and Burnley and we're only 2 games in. If we can continue to pick up points away against the bigger teams and despatch the likes of Stoke at home then there's no reason we can't be in and around the top 6 all season. It's consistency we lacked last year but with a strong defensive unit it isn't impossible.

August 22, 2017, 02:02:59 PM
Reply #65

KoemansNumberTens

We are a million miles away from competing. None of the top 6 would get dominated by 1 of the others mine that against 10 men. We need to find 2 or 3 attacking players a class above anything we currently have.

August 22, 2017, 02:28:21 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

We were hardly hanging on 11 v 11 though. They couldn't break us down. We've assembled a team who are tough to beat so we'll always be in with a shout in any game it looks like.
My worry is when we come up against teams who see a point against us as a good result but we've played four of those games so far this season and won them all, granted by a narrow margin but a win is a win.

August 22, 2017, 02:47:45 PM
Reply #67

74Blue

There won't be too many teams that will be going to the Etihad this season and picking up points, so to get that game out of the way with a point in the bag is a decent result. We were 10/1 to win there, which tells you how unlikely the bookies thought that it was that we would get anything but a hiding.

We just have to keep going out and picking up results. If we can keep beating the teams below us and pick up at least a point in each of the games against the top six, of course we will be right up there in the mix. Of course there will be a few hiccups along the way, but we just need to stay focussed and keep them to an absolute minimum.

I'd settle for doing the double over the shite right now.

August 22, 2017, 02:59:53 PM
Reply #68

Mayor Farnum

An inability to simply hold on to the ball for any significant amount of time with a man advantage shows that we are still way off the top teams.

August 22, 2017, 03:05:19 PM
Reply #69

blue slug

we are some way off top 4, I thin 6th or 7th is where we will finish this season, I hope i'm proved wrong like

August 22, 2017, 07:11:06 PM
Reply #70

Marky Mark and the funky

An inability to simply hold on to the ball for any significant amount of time with a man advantage shows that we are still way off the top teams.

Regardless of the potency of attacking options shitteh still had after losing a fullback, we could certainly have done more to force them onto the back foot and make those attacking players waste their energy defending.

When was the last time we did slot a few goals past a team that was down to 10 men?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:13:46 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 23, 2017, 02:19:02 PM
Reply #71

Morta75

No, need a top striker with 15 + goals in my opinion to challange top 4

August 23, 2017, 02:37:35 PM
Reply #72

KoemansNumberTens

No, need a top striker with 15 + goals in my opinion to challange top 4

Need more than that. Think every team above us has at least 2 attacking players that are comfortably better than every attacking player we have. We need to find 2 or 3 top draw attacking players

August 23, 2017, 02:42:26 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think if we added :

Two strikers with guaranteed 30-35 goals between them if either had to play up top all year (martial and lukaku / morata and bats / aguero and jesus / giroud and lacca / sturridge and firmino)

Two wide men capable of 7-10 each (hazard and willian / Salah and Mane / rashford and mikhi / Walcott and santi (although injured) )

A partner worthy of Michael Keane that we can rely on for 30+ games (Rudiger / Jones / Stones / not Liverpool lol /)

A world class ten with pace, vision, skill and goals (coutinho / hazard / alexis / silva / pogba (sorta) / KdB /)

We could put in a genuine challenge.

If we then filled those worrying squad depth areas (full back especially) then we could win the league.

Beep beep
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 23, 2017, 02:45:18 PM
Reply #74

Morta75

Need more than that. Think every team above us has at least 2 attacking players that are comfortably better than every attacking player we have. We need to find 2 or 3 top draw attacking players
Yes, can't arguee on that.  ;D