November 23, 2017, 02:39:04 AM

Author Topic: Barry to WBA  (Read 4152 times)

August 15, 2017, 05:19:38 AM
Read 4152 times

GrantyBoy78

Medical tomorrow, apparently. Will we get a fee?

Have we go a CM lined-up to replace him? Does he need replacing? Not a starter but one of the first off the bench when we're closing games out.

Great pro and proved a lot of us wrong. Will be missed.

deCoubertin

August 15, 2017, 05:24:42 AM
Reply #1

WeimaranerBlues

ffs rather lose McCarthy, even though Barry is past his prime

August 15, 2017, 05:26:08 AM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

ffs rather lose McCarthy, even though Barry is past his prime
He'll probably be off too, mate

August 15, 2017, 05:29:57 AM
Reply #3

bigac

When he came on last week he instantly made a difference. Prefer he stayed.

August 15, 2017, 05:35:26 AM
Reply #4

WeimaranerBlues

If it is true totally opposite to what Koeman was  saying recently, how we need winners with experience in the squad, to compete in more comps this season, also prefer he stayed--surprised to see Besic in the matchday squad ahead of him on Sat---
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:39:25 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

August 15, 2017, 05:37:58 AM
Reply #5

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Jim White tweeted it

August 15, 2017, 05:39:26 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wanted him to break the record with us.

Great pro and would have been great to have kept for experience alone.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 15, 2017, 05:40:55 AM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Been great player, I thought he was done when ozil murdered him in that world cup but he impressed and will have fond memories

If his time has come so be it

Simply simply lovely

August 15, 2017, 05:52:07 AM
Reply #8

Shortie

All I could think during first half against Stoke was "We need Barry in the midfield". I really don't want him to go, but I guess he wants more game time than we can offer currently.

August 15, 2017, 08:54:36 AM
Reply #9

kewns23

Am surprised he's going wba I suppose he's the replacement for feltcher
Would of thought villa personally but guest he wont's that record
Great player just too slow and age has caught up with.

Wish him all the best ( just not when the playing us lol )

Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

August 15, 2017, 10:36:01 AM
Reply #10

Bluebridge

Would have been nice to see him break the record with us, but wish him well, he deserves game time. I have to admit I think he's better when he starts games rather than comes on late as a sub.  Been a great buy.

August 15, 2017, 10:54:37 AM
Reply #11

Ramjam

Had he actually gone or is it just speculation at this stage?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 15, 2017, 12:15:10 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If it is true totally opposite to what Koeman was  saying recently, how we need winners with experience in the squad, to compete in more comps this season, also prefer he stayed--surprised to see Besic in the matchday squad ahead of him on Sat---

Koeman mentioned the other day that he'd rather he stayed but if someone came in for him who could offer him more playing time he wouldn't stand in his way.

Doubt he wants to be 4th choice at this stage in his career.

August 15, 2017, 01:54:48 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah fair play to the lad if he wants to go, but I do really rate him.

Would have been worried going into the season with him first choice and Schneiderlin is as good a replacement as anyone, but Barry is a little bit more progressive in his passing I would say. Wonder if this means more of Davies from deep, or to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we signed another CM out the blue as we were linked with plenty in recent times; Matuidi, Leandonker, Carvalho.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2017, 02:48:14 PM
Reply #14

Gary1878

I would think it is better business to let McCarthy go for a decent fee than to let Barry go for free. He brings experience and knowhow at the end of games and will be missed for sure. I think his days of playing 90 minutes for Everton though are over and so as a sign of respect, it is fair enough to let him go rather than leave him on the bench(at best).

We already have Gana, Schneiderlin, Davies, Besic and McCarthy to play there, so it does make sense to let one of them go.