October 22, 2017, 07:03:17 PM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 9010 times)

September 15, 2017, 04:27:39 AM
Reply #165

The Analog Kid

The stats don't lie. He's been one of the best performers all over the pitch the last few seasons, and that was at a shite Swansea side. He doesn't just become shit overnight.

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 04:34:55 AM
Reply #166

KoemansNumberTens

The stats don't lie. He's been one of the best performers all over the pitch the last few seasons, and that was at a shite Swansea side. He doesn't just become shit overnight.

The set play stats or his open play stats? Good teams need midfielders who control games. Crap teams set up for snatching whatever they can from set plays. He failed at Spurs because Spurs weren't willing to carry a bang average player for some decent corners. He was a success at Swansea because a bang average midfielder was about their standard and the set plays a massive bonus

He's a playmaker with open play stats similar to our defensive midfielders. I agree with you... the stats don't lie

September 15, 2017, 04:43:55 AM
Reply #167

Gash

Global Moderator
Swansea have had our pants down here.

September 15, 2017, 04:45:59 AM
Reply #168

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Swansea have had our pants down here.
Two seasons on the bounce

Simply simply lovely

September 15, 2017, 04:48:31 AM
Reply #169

Heisenberg

Bought a load of number 10s. And not one of them is the type we need

September 15, 2017, 04:52:12 AM
Reply #170

Heisenberg

Maybe he is one of them players who needs to be the star man? Because he wasn't great at spurs

September 15, 2017, 04:56:31 AM
Reply #171

eyesalwaysblue

We pulled our own pants down.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 15, 2017, 05:01:41 AM
Reply #172

Ravardo

Would anyone say there are signings for both koeman and walsh?  cause i think there clearly is  pickford,,keane,,gueye,,sandro poss klassen all walsh's  rooney,,gylfi,,schneiderlin,,martina and williams all koemans

September 15, 2017, 05:17:29 AM
Reply #173

KoemansNumberTens

Would anyone say there are signings for both koeman and walsh?  cause i think there clearly is  pickford,,keane,,gueye,,sandro poss klassen all walsh's  rooney,,gylfi,,schneiderlin,,martina and williams all koemans

That's how I see it. I think the big money supposed first team ready are koemans and he's not overly flexiable on targets and the cheap punts and the youth players are Walsh and his scouting set up
Klassen I'd say is koemans too

Think we've been done in the market at the point of purchase. We've had a great negotiating position with a relegated Sunderland, Keane in the last year of his contract and a bang average Sigurdsson practically on strike and I think at the point of purchase we paid way over the odds for all 3. Pickford will probably prove to be worth the money but we didn't exactly drive a hard bargain

September 15, 2017, 05:19:20 AM
Reply #174

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just fucking play him number 10 with a forward ahead of him and let him get in the box like he did first season at Swans and like he does for Iceland.

Why doesn't Koeman want wingers on the wings? Do you know he played Mane as a ten at Southampton and Long and Tadic on the wings?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2017, 05:27:21 AM
Reply #175

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This signing will be the death of him.

As Brap says in another thread. We chased this fella all summer when the 45mil could've been used on addressing the actual issues in the squad

No room for him and Rooney in the same side and if we're choosing then it's Rooney all day.

September 15, 2017, 05:29:21 AM
Reply #176

WeimaranerBlues

Just fucking play him number 10 with a forward ahead of him and let him get in the box like he did first season at Swans and like he does for Iceland.

Why doesn't Koeman want wingers on the wings? Do you know he played Mane as a ten at Southampton and Long and Tadic on the wings?

At least they had some pace- un like us ,

September 15, 2017, 05:31:20 AM
Reply #177

Ravardo

We're more hale and pace at the mo

September 15, 2017, 05:40:40 AM
Reply #178

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I think most of them are Koeman's picks. Gueye, Sandro, Lookman were Walsh (maybe Pickford too) plus the plethora of youth team players that came in.

Koeman I'd say were Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Martina, Williams, Keane, Vlasic, Rooney and Sigurdsson.

September 15, 2017, 05:54:35 AM
Reply #179

Ravardo

Vlasic forgot about him already,,embarrassing really when you play some team hardly anyones heard of one week and buy one of there players the next,, it makes us look so armature....i reckon if we'd played tonights team first we'd have bought their striker patagna