October 23, 2017, 11:30:04 AM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 9047 times)

September 15, 2017, 06:39:12 AM
Reply #180

ally2

I don't know why but plenty of people have got it in their heads that bringing in these number 10s was the reason we didn't recruit correctly in defence, wingers and in a new striker. There's no evidence or rationale for that. We probably wanted all these players but some deals didn't work for one reason or another. That's not a reason to turn down the chance of signing someone like Sigurdsson or Rooney. They're both very good players and both will be needed this season.

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 12:37:44 PM
Reply #181

Bluedylan

Vlasic forgot about him already,,embarrassing really when you play some team hardly anyones heard of one week and buy one of there players the next,, it makes us look so armature....i reckon if we'd played tonights team first we'd have bought their striker patagna

Liked the look of Vlasic.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 15, 2017, 01:12:54 PM
Reply #182

KoemansNumberTens

I don't know why but plenty of people have got it in their heads that bringing in these number 10s was the reason we didn't recruit correctly in defence, wingers and in a new striker. There's no evidence or rationale for that. We probably wanted all these players but some deals didn't work for one reason or another. That's not a reason to turn down the chance of signing someone like Sigurdsson or Rooney. They're both very good players and both will be needed this season.

Neither are very good players and there certainly wouldn't be room for them had we recruited properly in the other positions

September 15, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
Reply #183

Macca77

Written off after 3 games, Evertonians that

September 15, 2017, 01:32:16 PM
Reply #184

Realist

How is Sigurdsson being made the scapegoat here?
He didn't ask to be signed nor did he dictate the fee
He's a class player and under the right manager & with a good striker who can score from his deliveries & assists he'll be an asset to Everton

September 15, 2017, 02:02:50 PM
Reply #185

The Analog Kid

I'm sure people were jacking off when he put one in from 45 yards against Split.

September 15, 2017, 03:42:54 PM
Reply #186

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
How is Sigurdsson being made the scapegoat here?
He didn't ask to be signed nor did he dictate the fee
He's a class player and under the right manager & with a good striker who can score from his deliveries & assists he'll be an asset to Everton

Couldn't agree more.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 15, 2017, 03:46:48 PM
Reply #187

themilkycoffees

It might help if we played him consistently in his best position and in my opinion the only position he can play well, which is centrally behind the striker. It wouldn't hurt to surround him with a bit of pace either. We haven't got the best options in terms of wingers but I think two of Mirallas, Lookman and Lennon need to start games going forward. Let's not write Sigurdsson off after 5 games.

September 15, 2017, 03:47:47 PM
Reply #188

Faceatthefence

Liked the look of Vlasic.
dLooked like he played with a bit of freedom with the ball at his feet,refreshing amongst a team that looked terrified.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 15, 2017, 03:51:07 PM
Reply #189

Ravardo

Yet again baines was taking the corners last night,, i would much rather see gylfi taking all set pieces seeing thats what he's good at,,that way if the corner goes pete tong we wont have baines running back to defend

September 15, 2017, 04:00:06 PM
Reply #190

Lxxx

Yet again baines was taking the corners last night,, i would much rather see gylfi taking all set pieces seeing thats what he's good at,,that way if the corner goes pete tong we wont have baines running back to defend

Bit too sensible that mate, rein it in.

September 15, 2017, 04:11:57 PM
Reply #191

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
disappointed personally.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2017, 04:26:49 PM
Reply #192

KoemansNumberTens

Written off after 3 games, Evertonians that

Seen him play for Swansea too.

September 15, 2017, 04:33:32 PM
Reply #193

everton1952

Is the Swansea manager available? He knows how to play Sig.

September 15, 2017, 04:40:23 PM
Reply #194

Realist