October 21, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 8954 times)

September 15, 2017, 04:54:30 PM
Reply #195

KoemansNumberTens

Did you? How often?

Few times a season. Also the stats everyone is so fond of mentioning also show he makes the play on a par with gareth Barry. He's a nothing player. We signed 3 10s and we still need a 10

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 04:58:19 PM
Reply #196

themilkycoffees

Few times a season. Also the stats everyone is so fond of mentioning also show he makes the play on a par with gareth Barry. He's a nothing player. We signed 3 10s and we still need a 10

Absolute nonsense.

September 15, 2017, 05:00:53 PM
Reply #197

KoemansNumberTens

Absolute nonsense.

Which part? He created as many chances from open play last season as Barry did. That's surely a fact.

September 15, 2017, 05:12:52 PM
Reply #198

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh I don't disagree with MLT here.

I would like to see any of our signings in a team that's playing well (must be a difficult situation to come into ATM) but we signed 3 tens and none of them are what I'd want - a little creative David silva type.

All three are worse than Ross Barkley as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2017, 05:14:29 PM
Reply #199

themilkycoffees

Which part? He created as many chances from open play last season as Barry did. That's surely a fact.

Sigurdsson will contribute far more goals and assists than Gareth Barry. That's a fact. He's far from a "nothing player".

September 15, 2017, 05:17:29 PM
Reply #200

ally2

Tbh I don't disagree with MLT here.

I would like to see any of our signings in a team that's playing well (must be a difficult situation to come into ATM) but we signed 3 tens and none of them are what I'd want - a little creative David silva type.

All three are worse than Ross Barkley as well.

Predictable Ross Barkley mention just for good measure

September 15, 2017, 05:22:21 PM
Reply #201

Macca77

Davy Klaassen was written off by some after 3 games

Sandro after 2

Now Sigurdsson

Best fans in the world us

September 15, 2017, 05:22:55 PM
Reply #202

Rhys

In his or any players defence I think whoever we had put in the team from the current squad in these last few games they'd all have looked bad. Something hasnt been right in the performances for them to all look so lackluster 3 games in a row with an international break in there as well.

People can say play Lookman, Davies, Niasse etc but if they'd have played last night they'd have suffered with the same issues whatever is causing them.

Now isnt the time to make a long term judgement on what Sigurdsson will be able to deliver for us in my opinion as I think you'll see a different player to what we have when whatever it is gets sorted out.

September 15, 2017, 05:24:46 PM
Reply #203

Lxxx

Sandro after 2

Now Sigurdsson

No-one's writing anyone off. New signings don't get any special dispensation for playing poorly. Every single player so far has underperformed, it's a fact, and perfectly acceptable to point it out whether they are new or not.

September 15, 2017, 05:31:35 PM
Reply #204

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Sandro after 2

Now Sigurdsson

indeed  and we are even able to make GP sound like  a church on Sundays.

September 15, 2017, 05:34:10 PM
Reply #205

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
No-one's writing anyone off. New signings don't get any special dispensation for playing poorly. Every single player so far has underperformed, it's a fact, and perfectly acceptable to point it out whether they are new or not.
that's the problem If people expect new signings to click from day one I'll guess they have not coached a team other than perhaps U14 

September 15, 2017, 05:34:57 PM
Reply #206

Gary1878

Would Gareth Barry have scored that goal against Split?

September 15, 2017, 05:45:43 PM
Reply #207

Macca77

Then people should start doing that, all im hearing is Sigurdsson, Klaassen etc. The whole team have been awful all season, all the players are at fault

September 15, 2017, 05:51:51 PM
Reply #208

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Predictable Ross Barkley mention just for good measure

🤷🏻‍♂️

Just one of them isn't it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2017, 05:58:25 PM
Reply #209

Lxxx

Then people should start doing that, all im hearing is Sigurdsson, Klaassen etc. The whole team have been awful all season, all the players are at fault

The issue is most of the first 11 at the minute are new. That's why the criticism seems so disproportionate.