October 18, 2017, 12:48:26 PM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 8873 times)

September 18, 2017, 01:15:50 AM
Reply #285

KingOfNapaValley

Nope, on the record, never wanted him for the price. Swansea rinsed us but good

I believe you.

But when I see how most here loved it at the time and now how everyone thinks it was a bad idea, it is logical to do the math and realize a lot of retroactive revisionist history is happening, here.

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 01:20:08 AM
Reply #286

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He still had one of our best chances today to be fair. It's very early days and he's been chucked straight in there, willing to give him time big money or not.

September 18, 2017, 01:23:56 AM
Reply #287

Martip

You know what there's no doubt he's a good player but the problems are that 1. We paid way too much 2. It was a position we arguably  didn't need to strengthen 3. We wasted too much time getti g it over the finishing line when we needed a striker

September 18, 2017, 01:54:20 AM
Reply #288

van der Meyde

Schneirderlin was quality last season, not just decent he looked one of the best centre midfielders of his kind in the league.
Let's not go overboard on him, eh.

He looked fine against shit teams but didn't turn up against either Spurs or Arsenal.

It's not poor form that's been his problem this season. The biggest problem is he's gone hiding every other time our defence has the ball. Not even close to offering an option half the time.

September 18, 2017, 02:00:25 AM
Reply #289

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So sigurdsson played in the number ten role.... Didnt really do a lot did he

Simply simply lovely

September 18, 2017, 02:01:57 AM
Reply #290

Rhys

Let's not go overboard on him, eh.

He looked fine against shit teams but didn't turn up against either Spurs or Arsenal.

It's not poor form that's been his problem this season. The biggest problem is he's gone hiding every other time our defence has the ball. Not even close to offering an option half the time.

He wasn't awful at Spurs, mistake aside, certainly was better than gueye that day. Arsenal it was like we had switched off so harder to judge and he missed the other big games last season.

Time will tell if he was swept along by the teams form but he looked a class player to me can do a bit of everything needed for that role. No doubt playing poorly at the moment though.

September 18, 2017, 02:04:23 AM
Reply #291

Shogun

Administrator
Early days, didn't even have a pre-season and thrown into a shite side with no pace and movement.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 18, 2017, 02:09:32 AM
Reply #292

Macca77

Worst player ever blah blah blah

September 18, 2017, 02:14:53 AM
Reply #293

SANA_DR0

Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 18, 2017, 02:15:33 AM
Reply #294

van der Meyde

He wasn't awful at Spurs, mistake aside, certainly was better than gueye that day.
You're talking to somebody who doesn't particularly rate Gueye either though. :)

In the games we need our midfielders to turn up, they're generally outclassed.

September 18, 2017, 02:17:20 AM
Reply #295

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't awful at Spurs, mistake aside, certainly was better than gueye that day. Arsenal it was like we had switched off so harder to judge and he missed the other big games last season.

Time will tell if he was swept along by the teams form but he looked a class player to me can do a bit of everything needed for that role. No doubt playing poorly at the moment though.

I think when things are going well it's great to be that player - just ask for the ball and recycle it. Be safe and careful and clever and leave the creative responsibility to others. Players like that have long long careers and are very rarely the subject of fans ire.

But when things go wrong and that finger starts searching for who to point at - you start getting the question well what does HE do? Harder to explain at that point - oh he's safe and available...not enough is it we're losing here mate.

I rate him, think he's quality at what he does but he's been very out of form and doesn't seem to want the ball quite as much ATM.

That pass by Keane was totally shite, but MS could and should have been alive and more available for it for example.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 02:22:13 AM
Reply #296

penguinofdoom1878

Once he settles, gets game time under his belt and the rest settle around him he'll be ace. I know we laugh at that lot for thinking every signing they make is of the greatest player in the world, but at least they support new players. Lets give the new ones longer than 4/5 games in a side thats struggling as a while before we right them off as sh*t.

Dennis Bergkamp struggled to begin with (He struggled to adapt to the English game and failed to score in the club's next six league matches, prompting ridicule by the national press), imagine the pelters he'd have had if he'd been wearing an Everton shirt.

September 18, 2017, 02:30:29 AM
Reply #297

Martip

You're talking to somebody who doesn't particularly rate Gueye either though. :)

In the games we need our midfielders to turn up, they're generally outclassed.
You seriously don't rate gueye ? Easily our best player imo.

September 18, 2017, 02:31:23 AM
Reply #298

wepull

I think Gylfi should be dropped. Not saying he's awful but at the moment he has shown nothing to deserve that 1st team place.  Give him time to adjust to the team and his teammates but for now I feel we'll be better without him than with him in the team.

September 18, 2017, 04:29:54 AM
Reply #299

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You seriously don't rate gueye ? Easily our best player imo.

Limited
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.