December 14, 2017, 12:29:51 PM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 10833 times)

September 18, 2017, 11:54:06 PM
Reply #315

wepull

Great little player but I think he can only do one job. When he's asked to go forward with the ball he doesn't give us a lot I don't think.
I think one of the best spells we had under Koeman was when we played Davies in Gueye's position. Think he lacks that attacking guile when he gets the ball in opposition third.

deCoubertin

September 19, 2017, 01:40:27 AM
Reply #316

mikey_blue

Where's the Stig and his stats now?

September 19, 2017, 03:08:47 AM
Reply #317

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the Stig and his stats now?

I was one of the posters who was fairly against Gylfi.

But let me just say that it's really unfair to judge him on the games we've played so far. He's only really going to be good when we have the ball and have some kind of cohesive attacking strategy.

he has been poor, but tell me one player who hasn't so far.

If when we're dominating games he still doesn't get on the ball and make something happen then by all means, I'll be front of the queue, but he's got more to give yet.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2017, 03:18:25 AM
Reply #318

The Analog Kid

As shit as our results have been, there's only really United and City that have been consistent, as a team and individually.

September 19, 2017, 03:38:37 AM
Reply #319

van der Meyde

But let me just say that it's really unfair to judge him on the games we've played so far. He's only really going to be good when we have the ball and have some kind of cohesive attacking strategy.

If when we're dominating games he still doesn't get on the ball and make something happen then by all means, I'll be front of the queue, but he's got more to give yet.
It'd be absolutely wonderful if he wasn't shunted out of position to the left too.

September 19, 2017, 03:58:19 AM
Reply #320

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It'd be absolutely wonderful if he wasn't shunted out of position to the left too.

Yep, 10, CM, or bench please.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2017, 06:07:07 AM
Reply #321

KoemansNumberTens

As shit as our results have been, there's only really United and City that have been consistent, as a team and individually.

Doesn't that kind of make it worse then? The fact that we've been hammered by Chelsea and Spurs despite them being inconsistent?

September 19, 2017, 06:38:03 AM
Reply #322

The Analog Kid

Doesn't that kind of make it worse then? The fact that we've been hammered by Chelsea and Spurs despite them being inconsistent?

Erm, bit of both really. The Chelsea result in terms of performance was nowhere near as bad as Spurs. But anyone from Spurs (5th) downwards in the table has only averaged just over a point a game, 8 from 5 games the best.

September 20, 2017, 02:12:26 AM
Reply #323

mikey_blue

I was just taking the piss. Said it so I had a reason to bring up possibly the most ridiculous poster of all time.

I think Sig is class. Looking forward to seeing him hit some form for us. We're just a team trying to find our way at the moment. Something will click eventually. Probably when Bolasie and Coleman come back.