November 19, 2017, 10:24:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]What Will Rooney Offer Everton This Season?  (Read 2193 times)

August 17, 2017, 11:45:02 PM
Read 2193 times

Everton News

What Will Rooney Offer Everton This Season?

Wayne Rooney returned to Everton after a 13-year spell with Manchester United where he enjoyed great success, winning every major domestic honour.

Source: What Will Rooney Offer Everton This Season?

deCoubertin

August 18, 2017, 05:00:27 AM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Actually thought he was ok tonight, assisted one goal and could have easily scored 2, one just headed it wide and he other he jus picked the wrong the side of the keeper to shoot.
I'd keep playing him.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 18, 2017, 05:03:09 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Looked knackered last 20 minutes though. He made some great runs but the ball was played a split second too late most times, if at all. He'll have to get used to that here, our players are good but they're not at the level he's been used to most of his career.

August 18, 2017, 05:06:22 AM
Reply #3

schleffera

Good to see Koeman giving him lots of minutes, 10 games in and he will be flying from a match fit perspective, he's not a guy who gets fit quick. And you also have to remember it's all new teammates, so that will equally need minutes for little understandings to build.

August 18, 2017, 05:20:48 AM
Reply #4

Heisenberg

Not a better number 10 than Sigi. Not a better CM than Gueye or Schniederline. And I hope he isn't our best striker at the end of the window.

August 18, 2017, 07:11:42 AM
Reply #5

Dr. Sponge

Not a better number 10 than Sigi. Not a better CM than Gueye or Schniederline. And I hope he isn't our best striker at the end of the window.

Good, that still leaves 2 attacking positions for him to play in, unless you mean 5-a-side?

Any numpty can see he's the one making us tick in the final 3rd.

August 18, 2017, 01:34:30 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

His offsides last night made me think he was a second ahead of the other players around him and when we get used to releasing it a second earlier it will make the whole team that bit better.

This could be one of those examples of how getting a genuinely world class player helps develop those around him.

If he had been played through a few more times onside last night I would have expected him to score at least once and put the tie to bed.

Sandro with his excellent movement and quick pace will also benefit if the team starts playing the ball that second earlier too.

What else does he offer? Well he's vocal. He won't settle for second best and he'll let people know about it - NSNO!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 18, 2017, 02:02:32 PM
Reply #7

Heisenberg

Good, that still leaves 2 attacking positions for him to play in, unless you mean 5-a-side?

Any numpty can see he's the one making us tick in the final 3rd.

Don't fancy him as a winger. Nor do I fancy leaving baines to occupy the whole left because we want to shoehorn number 10s in

August 18, 2017, 02:03:53 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think when you look at him play you realise how far off the top 4 we are.

He's a different class in terms of vision and ability, and still wouldn't get anywhere near their teams.

Top player, I just hope we don't run him into the ground playing him every game as a CF, he just needs to float about getting the ball and making it happen.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 18, 2017, 02:23:15 PM
Reply #9

eyesalwaysblue

He looks fitter than he has done for a good while, hope we can land a good striker before the end of the window,as we still need another option up there obviously.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 18, 2017, 02:57:01 PM
Reply #10

chang

Part of his game I was unaware of is how good he is defensively at corners.

August 18, 2017, 04:59:59 PM
Reply #11

Echoance

How did he respond to being admonished by Pickford last night?

August 18, 2017, 05:40:21 PM
Reply #12

hill135

I thought he was good last night. His link play as a 9 was good, he created a goal with some clever play and should have scored.

He got worse as he went to 10 and then the flank so I'd rather see him up front but the whole team suffered after Morgs went off so it's partly that in my view.

August 18, 2017, 05:49:01 PM
Reply #13

BlueBeagle

Liked it when Schniderlin got booked and was protesting with the ref, Rooney jogged over, told him to go away (which he did) and had a discussion with the ref.

Definitely the top boy at the club.

August 18, 2017, 05:50:50 PM
Reply #14

Macca77