October 16, 2018, 04:00:32 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 23835 times)

August 18, 2017, 04:12:35 AM
Read 23835 times

bluenuck

Don't know what to think yet, but I like him so far.

After the next 4 PL games I'm sure we'll have a clearer picture.

August 18, 2017, 05:09:09 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Gonna be very harsh to judge any of our players based on the 4 premier league games coming up.

Maybe.

But if we want to crack the top 4 how would you expect us to do that if we aren't judging our players by how they play against top 4 teams?

August 18, 2017, 06:42:43 AM
Reply #2

bluenuck

well, i don't expect us to crack the top 4 this season is my main line of thinking.

If, in the next 4 games, large parts of the squad looked distinctly average and we pick up no points, i wouldn't write them or the team off. I'd still be hoping for a good season of trying to take advantage of an opening to grab 6th place.

As a group I won't write them off either. But I will question if we really want those specific players that really struggle against the top 4 teams around for what we're trying to do.

I actually don't think Keane will struggle. I think he'll do pretty well, and it was a very nice piece of business basically trading Stones for him.

December 03, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

Obviously people getting upset over that Echo story. Shame really, as there was obviously little to it, otherwise he'd be nowhere near the team.

I think you're right.  But I think the vast majority really see him as giving zero fucks. That red against Atalanta was the beginning of the end. After that it didn't even matter about that story in the echo. He's looked very half arsed all season. Not one Everton player even argued that second yellow, not even him. He just walked off. That says a hell of a lot more than what the echo story did.

December 03, 2017, 12:12:08 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

Bit odd that Unsy still picked him though?

A bit.

I think the story about what happened at training was overblown.

My point is It's more about how he's playing, and how about he's, and no one else, is giving a fuck about being sent off.