October 18, 2018, 10:56:45 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 24031 times)

August 18, 2017, 05:28:00 AM
Read 24031 times

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
People are dreaming if they think he is better than Stones. Good player and can get better for sure.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 18, 2017, 05:55:25 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He's a better defender than Stones in my opinion and certainly better in the air than him, maybe not quite as good on the ball but still very comfortable. The point still stands though, for half the price we got for Stones both deals are looking very good business for us.

I agree that both deals are good business but let's judge Keane against better opposition for starters.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 22, 2017, 12:00:55 PM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think Duffy is exactly the type of player Koeman needs right now. Someone we can genuinely blame for being shit and not look at the manager cos it can't be his fault we losing, our defence has Shane Duffy in it.

November 20, 2017, 12:46:20 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He needs to be more decisive and he will be fine, step in and get a boot on it, or get his head in there. Build the base first, the nice passing will come next. Needs Rhino to teach him how to defend.

November 22, 2017, 01:45:28 PM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Amazing how keeper isn't a problem this year with such a weak defence where as last year keeper was the major problem and we have the same defenders plus a new better CB than the others. Weird that.

December 02, 2017, 01:19:40 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The more important question is who is the better defender out of Stones and Keane when they were in their first season at Everton or the first season in the first team squad.

Bit of a toss up on that one. Both equally struggled. I expect Keane to settle down in the next couple of weeks and show his quality as he is a good player.

Stones is a Rolfe Royce tho. Very few defenders like him around. My favourite defender in the EPL at present.

December 02, 2017, 01:49:36 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
This isn't neccesarily a dig and it takes a bit off what @Brownie20 said, Evertonians like a reasonably priced car. a Boeing 747 not Concorde or a private jet.

Its for us at the moment trying to find an upgrade on a Ford KA between that and an Aston Martin.

At the moment we have Mondeo Man players (Old Blair addage for in the middle type people) when we need an Audi for its dual  reliability and glamour. Sometimes playing 'sexy football' (Gullit)  fails miserably (Newcastle) or appointing top managers to fight relegation or quickly improve players (Benitez, again at Newcastle)

(I won't be making car analogies again as this one is ropey, at best)

That's more of a moped post at best Thomas.