November 25, 2017, 02:51:12 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 6713 times)

August 18, 2017, 05:09:37 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Gonna be very harsh to judge any of our players based on the 4 premier league games coming up.

If we have any aspirations of anything other than just the best of the rest though these are the games where our players need to stand up and be counted. The bigger players at the bigger clubs thrive in these games.

deCoubertin

August 18, 2017, 05:11:53 AM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe.

But if we want to crack the top 4 how would you expect us to do that if we aren't judging our players by how they play against top 4 teams?

well, i don't expect us to crack the top 4 this season is my main line of thinking.

If, in the next 4 games, large parts of the squad looked distinctly average and we pick up no points, i wouldn't write them or the team off. I'd still be hoping for a good season of trying to take advantage of an opening to grab 6th place.

August 18, 2017, 05:12:24 AM
Reply #17

mikey_blue

We should do a sweepstake for when he will actually get beat in the air.

August 18, 2017, 05:28:00 AM
Reply #18

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
People are dreaming if they think he is better than Stones. Good player and can get better for sure.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 18, 2017, 05:34:37 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
People are dreaming if they think he is better than Stones. Good player and can get better for sure.

He's a better defender than Stones in my opinion and certainly better in the air than him, maybe not quite as good on the ball but still very comfortable. The point still stands though, for half the price we got for Stones both deals are looking very good business for us.

August 18, 2017, 05:55:25 AM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He's a better defender than Stones in my opinion and certainly better in the air than him, maybe not quite as good on the ball but still very comfortable. The point still stands though, for half the price we got for Stones both deals are looking very good business for us.

I agree that both deals are good business but let's judge Keane against better opposition for starters.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 18, 2017, 06:36:32 AM
Reply #21

Tinga

I agree that both deals are good business but let's judge Keane against better opposition for starters.

Like last season when he was quality?

August 18, 2017, 06:42:08 AM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Stones and Keane would be a very solid and flexible pairing. Something England might look at. Can't remember who the other English defenders are to be honest.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 18, 2017, 06:42:43 AM
Reply #23

bluenuck

well, i don't expect us to crack the top 4 this season is my main line of thinking.

If, in the next 4 games, large parts of the squad looked distinctly average and we pick up no points, i wouldn't write them or the team off. I'd still be hoping for a good season of trying to take advantage of an opening to grab 6th place.

As a group I won't write them off either. But I will question if we really want those specific players that really struggle against the top 4 teams around for what we're trying to do.

I actually don't think Keane will struggle. I think he'll do pretty well, and it was a very nice piece of business basically trading Stones for him.

August 18, 2017, 06:59:13 AM
Reply #24

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna be very harsh to judge any of our players based on the 4 premier league games coming up.
That depends how we do in them.

August 18, 2017, 07:02:46 AM
Reply #25

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Seems more like people are using their eyes rather than dreaming. Stones has potential but is several hundred feet up his own backside, and that has stunted his development. He hasn't notably improved since he left us, Keane is better so far for us than Stones was when he left.

August 18, 2017, 07:04:30 AM
Reply #26

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
There was a fair bit of that on MOTD last season.

August 18, 2017, 11:17:00 AM
Reply #27

Realist

He's a better defender than Stones with better passing, Stones hasn't been great for City.
I don't want a centre half who goes on big runs, his primary goal should be defending
I'd prefer Keane to Stones all day

August 18, 2017, 11:23:06 AM
Reply #28

blue1948

You couldn't say faultless but he has definitely been impressive and looks  to be just what the doctor ordered and much better than we have had for a while .

August 18, 2017, 11:48:38 AM
Reply #29

Morta75

In my opinion the best signing we have done this summer.