April 24, 2019, 12:53:16 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 42183 times)

August 19, 2017, 05:17:32 AM
Read 42183 times

Robioto

I honestly think he will prove to be our best signing of the Premier League era. Big statement, but I think he's that good.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:34:22 AM by Robioto »

April 02, 2019, 06:59:26 PM
Reply #1

Robioto

I think Keane is player we should be keeping around, improving week on week at the moment and entering prime centre back age (26 now). I think people are far too quick to want to sell our players.

April 03, 2019, 12:40:27 AM
Reply #2

Robioto

What would we then do with the £50m? Buy who?

April 03, 2019, 12:57:56 AM
Reply #3

Robioto

If you had £50m to spend, would Michael Keane be the best option you could come up with?

Iím sure Brands and Silva could draw up a strong list.

Maybe you're right. For me buying a centre half is difficult, Keane is not perfect but he's improving, he's happy and settled and he's got lots of Premier League experience.

We could replace him with another Premier League defender, but who? Who would cost less/same and be guaranteed to be better?

Then there seems to be this belief that Brands can come up with a gem from abroad. But buying from abroad is always a risk. For example we could go for a player like Jonathan Tah from Leverkusen (just an example), but no matter how good he is in Germany, no matter how high his perceived potential, buying him would be a gamble.

I don't know, I could well be wrong but my outlook is that Keane is not really a big problem in the team, selling him would potentially create another problem, a problem where would need two CBs in the summer.

I'd rather we fixed problems rather than create more. £50m sounds like a lot, but it wouldn't go very far.

But to contradict myself, maybe we need to take risks like this? Maybe that's what Brands brings? So I dont know, but I'd keep Keane for £50m. I don't know.