November 18, 2017, 08:57:12 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 4683 times)

October 21, 2017, 07:48:01 PM
Reply #75

Bluedylan

I'm not sure what else you imagine there currently is to do on an Everton forum. We are shit.

And you've made your point a million times over. Give it a fucking rest, you bore.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

October 21, 2017, 07:54:55 PM
Reply #76

KoemansNumberTens

And you've made your point a million times over. Give it a fucking rest, you bore.

My point being what? Are you in the Williams thread telling everyone to give it a rest. Of course you aren't. People are allowed to not be massively optimistic about the players you are optimistic about. People are saying worse about Williams than I've said about any player. Hope he never plays for us again. Hate him. Gutted he can't be banned (that's after he was easily our best player) maybe you want to go tell them to give it a rest. Or maybe you want to mind your own fuckiny business and not tell people what the can and can't post based purely on if you agree with it or not.

October 21, 2017, 08:10:32 PM
Reply #77

Bluedylan

My point being what? Are you in the Williams thread telling everyone to give it a rest. Of course you aren't. People are allowed to not be massively optimistic about the players you are optimistic about. People are saying worse about Williams than I've said about any player. Hope he never plays for us again. Hate him. Gutted he can't be banned (that's after he was easily our best player) maybe you want to go tell them to give it a rest. Or maybe you want to mind your own fuckiny business and not tell people what the can and can't post based purely on if you agree with it or not.

It's not about agreement or disagreement. Think a little, it will help you.

I wanted Koeman gone ages ago, when it was pretty unfashionable to say it. Can't believe he's still here. We agree.

The point I'm making is that you're saying the same things over and over again on various threads, and it's tiresome wading through it. You've made your points, most people agree (apart from your DCL nonsense). You don't need to keep saying the same stuff over and over. We can read and we get it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 21, 2017, 10:24:26 PM
Reply #78

Ridge

His pace is an issue, but he is also dropping far too deep. We're not trying to defend en masse like Burnley do, and it allows crosses to be deeper and leaves space on edge of the box. It's a pretty basic problem, but he turns slow, that if he does push out, he'll leave space in behind.

He's good on the ball and he's a proper old school defender like Jags in terms of eyes open, face first, I'm stopping the ball. But I could see a situation similar to Mertesacker at Arsenal, where he is useful with height at both ends and a decent defender, but it limits the ability of the team to push as far forward as most imposing teams do. Would probably be better as part of 3 at the back.

October 21, 2017, 10:29:33 PM
Reply #79

Evertonian in NC

Keane is a good player on bad form.  He's too young for this to be permanent.  Writing him off the likes of Shane Fucking Duffy is laughable.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 21, 2017, 10:40:08 PM
Reply #80

Ridge

Duffy has developed into a good defender playing regularly with Dunk at Brighton and for Ireland. Keane has more quality on the ball, but Duffy is far more mobile.

Think he's looking like one of the better defenders in the league and wouldn't be that surprised if Brighton receive interest in both central defenders next summer.

October 21, 2017, 11:05:13 PM
Reply #81

Gash

Global Moderator
Duffy and mobile aren't two words I'd ever put together.

October 21, 2017, 11:06:52 PM
Reply #82

Ridge

Duffy and mobile aren't two words I'd ever put together.

I only said more mobile than Keane.

It's a bit like someone being taller than Danny Devito.

October 21, 2017, 11:16:15 PM
Reply #83

Evertonian in NC

Even in an inflated market, I find it hard to believe Duffy ever goes for more than 10m
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 21, 2017, 11:39:56 PM
Reply #84

Ridge

Even in an inflated market, I find it hard to believe Duffy ever goes for more than 10m

He has a similar path to Michael Keane in several ways. Didn't get much game time at big club, loaned out lots, left at 21 and found a starting place to develop further down the food chain. Both are more typical old school defenders.

I'd say 20m+ would be needed to make Brighton even entertain the idea. I'd rather have Dunk and Duffy than any pairing of our centre backs currently.

October 21, 2017, 11:41:39 PM
Reply #85

Simon Paul

Administrator
is this the same Shane Duffy people are talking about here?

may as well start the shouts for Victor Anichebe to come back as well eh?

October 21, 2017, 11:41:57 PM
Reply #86

Evertonian in NC

He has a similar path to Michael Keane in several ways. Didn't get much game time at big club, loaned out lots, left at 21 and found a starting place to develop further down the food chain. Both are more typical old school defenders.

I'd say 20m+ would be needed to make Brighton even entertain the idea. I'd rather have Dunk and Duffy than any pairing of our centre backs currently.

You hit on an interesting point, in that I think the pairing, or at least the overall shape of our back four might be more of the problem than Keane individually.  He's just not capable of carrying us, and has fallen into a rut.

October 21, 2017, 11:43:35 PM
Reply #87

Coyb12

I didn't mean to like that, fat fingers,if you could get Shane Duffy for under 10m I would be amazed.

October 21, 2017, 11:47:59 PM
Reply #88

Ridge

is this the same Shane Duffy people are talking about here?

may as well start the shouts for Victor Anichebe to come back as well eh?

Or Mustafi or Dier?

October 22, 2017, 12:43:55 AM
Reply #89

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's suffered with a lack of consistency next to him. He's had Jags and Williams rotating next to him and then Martina, Holgate and Kenny all randomly playing on the right side. It's hard to build up a level of form as a new player with a shifting defence. He's also had to play in a 3 and a 4. I think every single defender deserves a little bit of slack right now but Keane maybe moreso than anyone else.