November 20, 2017, 09:41:07 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 5340 times)

October 22, 2017, 01:06:37 AM
Reply #90

Evertonian in NC

He's suffered with a lack of consistency next to him. He's had Jags and Williams rotating next to him and then Martina, Holgate and Kenny all randomly playing on the right side. It's hard to build up a level of form as a new player with a shifting defence. He's also had to play in a 3 and a 4. I think every single defender deserves a little bit of slack right now but Keane maybe moreso than anyone else.

It's hard to imagine, but maybe Funes Mori really would work well next to him?  They seems fairly complementary.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

deCoubertin

October 22, 2017, 01:54:08 AM
Reply #91

Martip

Hes been really poor so far but im hopi g its a result of the dross around him.

October 22, 2017, 02:00:42 AM
Reply #92

wepull

I like Keane but I still think he gets dragged out of position quite easily. He has got good attributes for a CB and looks like a decent baller but he needs to mature a bit in this position which I believe will with more games under his belt.

October 22, 2017, 12:00:55 PM
Reply #93

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think Duffy is exactly the type of player Koeman needs right now. Someone we can genuinely blame for being shit and not look at the manager cos it can't be his fault we losing, our defence has Shane Duffy in it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 22, 2017, 02:11:55 PM
Reply #94

MmmBlueRamirez

Keane is massively under performing. Not quite to the extent of Klaassen but still no where near the expected levels.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 22, 2017, 02:19:39 PM
Reply #95

Bluedylan

Keane is massively under performing. Not quite to the extent of Klaassen but still no where near the expected levels.

Everyone is significantly underperforming. Tends to happen when the manager is proving to be largely incompetent. Let's have threads slagging off every player in the squad.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 22, 2017, 02:43:34 PM
Reply #96

BlueBeagle

Where has this Shane Duffy love in come from?

Is it just a knee jerk to Williams being crap because prior to that not once has he been metioned as one-that-got-away.

October 22, 2017, 05:00:24 PM
Reply #97

Ridge

Where has this Shane Duffy love in come from?

Is it just a knee jerk to Williams being crap because prior to that not once has he been metioned as one-that-got-away.

From having watched him play a fair bit and more recently.

And to be clear, I wasn't saying we should definitely get him. Just that he has developed into important player for club and country and would command a decent fee.

He's currently 2nd in PL for combined blocks, clearances and interceptions and Brighton have better defensive record than us, so just seems like outdated opinions.

October 22, 2017, 07:08:39 PM
Reply #98

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
From having watched him play a fair bit and more recently.

And to be clear, I wasn't saying we should definitely get him. Just that he has developed into important player for club and country and would command a decent fee.

He's currently 2nd in PL for combined blocks, clearances and interceptions and Brighton have better defensive record than us, so just seems like outdated opinions.

There's a reasonable argument that he's now a good defender who would be decent for us. There isn't an argument whatsoever though that we missed a trick by not letting him go at the time, not that I am saying you are the one saying that.

October 22, 2017, 07:15:07 PM
Reply #99

Ridge

There's a reasonable argument that he's now a good defender who would be decent for us. There isn't an argument whatsoever though that we missed a trick by not letting him go at the time, not that I am saying you are the one saying that.

Yep, totally agree

October 22, 2017, 10:08:24 PM
Reply #100

Realist

Hes utter shit

October 22, 2017, 10:24:12 PM
Reply #101

Ravardo

He's a better defender than Stones with better passing, Stones hasn't been great for City.
I don't want a centre half who goes on big runs, his primary goal should be defending
I'd prefer Keane to Stones all day

Things change quickly dont they

October 22, 2017, 10:26:15 PM
Reply #102

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

And thats why u get so much shit realist. Learn fella, most of us have. Nowt wrong with being a happy-miserable git :)

October 22, 2017, 10:29:13 PM
Reply #103

Coyb12

Everything seems very laboured with him.

October 22, 2017, 10:29:20 PM
Reply #104

Realist

And thats why u get so much shit realist. Learn fella, most of us have. Nowt wrong with being a happy-miserable git :)

Come on man, Im just being honest, hes extremely bad