November 23, 2017, 09:11:43 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 6228 times)

October 23, 2017, 09:08:00 PM
Reply #120

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Dyche is favourite with the bookies, maybe that would do Michael a world of good.

On the other hand, you can get 40/1 on Roberto returning, which is clearly bunk. ;D

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 09:17:01 PM
Reply #121

Lxxx

Dyche isn't sexy enough for Moshiri. Nothing in that but just a hunch that he won't want a guy who looks like an assistant manager at Dixons fronting his exciting new stadium project.

October 23, 2017, 09:59:06 PM
Reply #122

boothill

Dyche isn't sexy enough for Moshiri. Nothing in that but just a hunch that he won't want a guy who looks like an assistant manager at Dixons fronting his exciting new stadium project.
Absolutely spot on with the dixons shout, can easily see him asking if you want the extended warranty

October 23, 2017, 10:01:11 PM
Reply #123

TheTone

lolol  :hail:

October 24, 2017, 06:06:30 AM
Reply #124

montanatoffeefan

Dyche is favourite with the bookies, maybe that would do Michael a world of good.

Funny that we can now finally start to fairly judge the players Koeman brought in only now that Koeman's out.
Everton forever.

October 24, 2017, 06:24:23 AM
Reply #125

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm really, really not convinced of him tbh. He's extremely slow and doesn't seem too strong either. Potentially just a good body-in-the-way type defender. Like a more limited Jags.

Not a terrible thing to be but he's clearly been asked to lead out backline and he's not done a great job of it.

Would like to see a van dijk / koulibaly / de ligt type next to him. Ball player who can defend on the front foot, and allow Keane to drop back and be a reasonably comfortable deep cb who can head long balls, which I think he would excel at.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 19, 2017, 04:56:24 AM
Reply #126

Martip

Rubbish again today :headbang:

November 19, 2017, 04:58:38 AM
Reply #127

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
He was very poor today tbf.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 19, 2017, 05:03:25 AM
Reply #128

therealdunc

A side from his complete lack of pace and being weak in the air, he is awful at reading the game.

He responds to the game, he is incapable of reading movement or learning opposition player habits
Blue

November 19, 2017, 05:51:07 AM
Reply #129

Martip

A side from his complete lack of pace and being weak in the air, he is awful at reading the game.

He responds to the game, he is incapable of reading movement or learning opposition player habits
Agree with all that

November 19, 2017, 06:01:02 AM
Reply #130

ally2

Wasn't very good today but I couldn't say why - ability or form. I won't come to any conclusion about him until he is playing in a semi-competent back four that that have at least average abilities in their own rights and form a stable defensive group. That will take a long time though, and I'm wary that it is one hell of an excuse.

November 19, 2017, 06:07:03 AM
Reply #131

everton1952

Dyche must have rated him, and Dyche is a very, very, very good manager.

November 19, 2017, 10:08:26 PM
Reply #132

eyesalwaysblue

work with some Burnley fans, at the time they said they weren't bothered about Keane leaving as long as they still had Ben Mee they wouldn't miss him and that's how it's turned out. When we beat them at ours last year he was very poor and he's not improved, but who has lately.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:10:28 PM by eyesalwaysblue »
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 19, 2017, 10:20:47 PM
Reply #133

Lxxx

work with some Burnley fans, at the time they said they weren't bothered about Keane leaving as long as they still had Ben Mee they wouldn't miss him and that's how it's turned out. When we beat them at ours last year he was very poor and he's not improved, but who has lately.

A lot of that will be bravado though. If he turned us down and signed a new contract with them he'd all of a sudden be the dogs bollocks again.

November 19, 2017, 10:23:26 PM
Reply #134

eyesalwaysblue

A lot of that will be bravado though. If he turned us down and signed a new contract with them he'd all of a sudden be the dogs bollocks again.
Wasn't bravado they just rated others well in front of Keane and they haven't missed him at all so they were right.
I still despise Clive Thomas..