September 23, 2018, 06:29:54 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 22243 times)

December 02, 2017, 12:39:58 AM
Reply #240

Thomas

Tbf it would be hard for Williams yo regularly be in the England team seeing as he's captain of Wales (yes, I know he's English really).

hahahhaa

Good joke. I hadn't thought of that myself. He's still a Welsh Lamb though.

Having said that would/should Keane or even Stones get in England's back 4?

December 02, 2017, 12:41:43 AM
Reply #241

UnsyisaRhino

He's your mate though, isn't he?

Selective blindness.

Basically, because someone has a different opinion to you and your little faction, its 'settle down and stop talking bollocks'.

Favouritism.

I have no idea who any of this lot are and dont spend enough time on here to pick a side....but this time you are in the wrong.

There isnt always a motive pal

December 02, 2017, 12:42:18 AM
Reply #242

Thomas

I have no idea who any of this lot are and dont spend enough time on here to pick a side....but this time you are in the wrong.

There isnt always a motive pal
Fair enough.

December 02, 2017, 12:59:34 AM
Reply #243

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
@Thomas fans like a hardworking player because it embodies the effort we feel that we ourselves would put in to playing for Everton. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate the flair players. Remember the clamours for Manny Fernandez?

The reality is teams need both. I've been involved in sport at a decent level for a long time and the old adage is true 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.'

[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 02, 2017, 01:15:49 AM
Reply #244

Major Clanger

@Thomas fans like a hardworking player because it embodies the effort we feel that we ourselves would put in to playing for Everton. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate the flair players. Remember the clamours for Manny Fernandez?

Or how much shit defending Stones got away with just because "that" penalty.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 02, 2017, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #245

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

The reality is teams need both. I've been involved in sport at a decent level for a long time and the old adage is true 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.'

This is all true but re Everton fan opinion of such players (or flair players) it still varies (as youíd expect from such a large population).

Loads of people took ages to take to Hibbert and Osman, as examples.

Some people still think that Drenthe wasnít given a fair crack.

Aside from a few months spell most people hated Naismith.

December 02, 2017, 01:19:40 AM
Reply #246

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The more important question is who is the better defender out of Stones and Keane when they were in their first season at Everton or the first season in the first team squad.

Bit of a toss up on that one. Both equally struggled. I expect Keane to settle down in the next couple of weeks and show his quality as he is a good player.

Stones is a Rolfe Royce tho. Very few defenders like him around. My favourite defender in the EPL at present.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 02, 2017, 01:23:47 AM
Reply #247

Thomas

The more important question is who is the better defender out of Stones and Keane when they were in their first season at Everton or the first season in the first team squad.

Bit of a toss up on that one. Both equally struggled. I expect Keane to settle down in the next couple of weeks and show his quality as he is a good player.

Stones is a Rolfe Royce tho. Very few defenders like him around. My favourite defender in the EPL at present.

This isn't neccesarily a dig and it takes a bit off what @Brownie20 said, Evertonians like a reasonably priced car. a Boeing 747 not Concorde or a private jet.

Its for us at the moment trying to find an upgrade on a Ford KA between that and an Aston Martin.

At the moment we have Mondeo Man players (Old Blair addage for in the middle type people) when we need an Audi for its dual  reliability and glamour. Sometimes playing 'sexy football' (Gullit)  fails miserably (Newcastle) or appointing top managers to fight relegation or quickly improve players (Benitez, again at Newcastle)

(I won't be making car analogies again as this one is ropey, at best)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:25:06 AM by Thomas »

December 02, 2017, 01:49:36 AM
Reply #248

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
This isn't neccesarily a dig and it takes a bit off what @Brownie20 said, Evertonians like a reasonably priced car. a Boeing 747 not Concorde or a private jet.

Its for us at the moment trying to find an upgrade on a Ford KA between that and an Aston Martin.

At the moment we have Mondeo Man players (Old Blair addage for in the middle type people) when we need an Audi for its dual  reliability and glamour. Sometimes playing 'sexy football' (Gullit)  fails miserably (Newcastle) or appointing top managers to fight relegation or quickly improve players (Benitez, again at Newcastle)

(I won't be making car analogies again as this one is ropey, at best)

That's more of a moped post at best Thomas.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 02, 2017, 03:09:55 AM
Reply #249

Bally

Administrator
Gash has always been partisan against me, so I expected no less.
Are you taking the fucking piss here lad, Gash has just given you a fair and reasoned response, then you have the audacity to say he's against you, he's pretty much put what I was going to say to you but without the swearing, have a fucking breather and realise no one is against you, no one is saying anything derogatory about your mental health regardless of how you fucking perceive it.

It's the roll I way

December 02, 2017, 03:19:49 AM
Reply #250

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
"Craig" - so like @Gash - its your mate.

Whatever, back to Everton.

I thought you were better than this Thomas. You are making an issue where there really wasn't one and now casting aspersions on some really sound people on here.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 02, 2017, 03:58:41 AM
Reply #251

blueski

Mori is a wild card at the best of times.

You canít ascribe poor performance of one player (Keane) down to the woeful performance of the team and not apply that same debilitating factor to another (Mori).

If Mori was a solid, dependable player then you could see an calming influence but heís the opposite.
On this Keane seems fairly woeful defending crosses and definitely lacks out and out pace

Seems like you were responding to my post  (which seems to have been side tracked by this whole crazy exchange) - anyway I do acknowledge he's rash and makes some bad decisions but I do think he'd get in the team at the moment just off his pace and ability to defend in the air which seem to be terrible weaknesses at the moment aside from overall team performances - see for example Southampton
Nil Satis

December 02, 2017, 04:05:22 AM
Reply #252

Lxxx

He seems like he needs a proper one on one fitness coach to me. Thereís no way a lad in his early 20ís, professional sportsman no less, should look as leaden footed as he does. I wonder how much sprint training he does because from where Iím standing he looks about as sharp and nimble out the blocks as my nana and thatís not just down to a lack of confidence.

December 02, 2017, 05:49:54 AM
Reply #253

bluestevie

Yep, with you  rewriting history.

'Ashley Williams is a defend who can defend lad'

LOL

When did I say that, ever? Find the quote
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

December 02, 2017, 05:52:20 AM
Reply #254

Thomas

When did I say that, ever? Find the quote

I meant thats what posts where saying on here, in general. Relief at signing someone like Williams and being different to Stones because AW was a 'defender who can defend'.

I guess it IS hyperbole and generalisation but people have acknowledged this DID happen.