August 16, 2018, 07:07:18 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 21174 times)

February 05, 2018, 12:47:49 AM
Reply #330

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not 100% convinced every single player we bought is bad and totally incapable of playing well to be honest.

Have any of our signings settled and been able to turn in good performances for a bit besides maybe Rooney? He’s a different animal altogether compared to most players on the planet though tbf.

Mad disrupted season, horrible first quarter in terms of fixtures and generally yeah we did buy the wrong sort of players and left insane glaring gaps...up front most obviously but other deficiencies have made themselves patently clear during the course of the season.

We don’t even know what our best first 11 or fucking formation is! We’re all over the place every other game.

I think we do the 4-3-3 for a bit and just try and fucking settle down a bit and bed some of these lads in, the ones that are left anyway.

I can count on one hand the amount of players who you’d think were good buys based on this season alone. Hard to judge any of them on this shitshow.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 05, 2018, 12:49:28 AM
Reply #331

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
As long as we never do this 3 at 5 or even 7 at the back again, I think we'll have a better chance of a result.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 05, 2018, 12:52:35 AM
Reply #332

Heisenberg

One of the most immobile centre backs Iv ever seen. Plays like he's running on custard

February 05, 2018, 12:55:44 AM
Reply #333

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
One of the most immobile centre backs Iv ever seen. Plays like he's running on custard

You're just being ridiculous now.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 05, 2018, 01:01:47 AM
Reply #334

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf, he's not even the most immobile centre back we have this season let alone have had in the past
Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2018, 01:05:20 AM
Reply #335

Heisenberg

You're just being ridiculous now.

lolol  lolol let me be dramatic man

February 05, 2018, 01:12:43 AM
Reply #336

Mayor Farnum

Linked to man u and liverpool

Well he's obviously not chosen us over them so they probably also stopped being interested when the fee went towards 30mill.

February 05, 2018, 01:31:12 AM
Reply #337

sam of the south

I'm fucking dis-custard at this comment
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 05, 2018, 02:18:01 AM
Reply #338

cantoffee

Too much upheaval.

The number of squad changes this season was stupid. Maybe partially necessary due to previous poor planning and declining abilities but if you look at the lineup at Arsenal the only regulars from last year were Schneiderland, Gana, and Williams. Maybe you could say Bolasie and Niasse but neither played for us much last year.

That much change is very difficult to manage properly and combine that with some poor buys in the sense that we bought too many of the same type of player and I think we were always going to struggle.

On Keane, I think he looks decent on the ball and obviously strong in the air. Very slow though and completely goes to pieces at the moment given that he has never looked confident here. I still think he'll be decent but not sure we got a starting cb for the next 5-7 years as we had hoped, probably more a good squad player once he sorts his head out and settles down a bit.

February 05, 2018, 05:18:25 PM
Reply #339

Hawkandro

Still hope he will come good for us. I mean, look at VVD. £75m and apart from his goal against us (massive fucking surprise there), he has been shite for them.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 05, 2018, 06:19:29 PM
Reply #340

Rodenplav64

The lad is quality . He just needs time and a decent Manager , something he hasn't had since he moved from Burnley .

February 05, 2018, 07:00:06 PM
Reply #341

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The lad is quality . He just needs time and a decent Manager , something he hasn't had since he moved from Burnley .

I genuinely couldn't agree with you more and am loath to go off on a tangent.

But replace 'manager' with 'defence' and 'Burnley' with 'Sunderland' and you're talking about Pickford.

February 05, 2018, 07:20:35 PM
Reply #342

Rodenplav64

I genuinely couldn't agree with you more and am loath to go off on a tangent.

But replace 'manager' with 'defence' and 'Burnley' with 'Sunderland' and you're talking about Pickford.

True and I did admit the 2 are clearly linked and I was being a bit tongue in cheek as regards Keane . I hope they both achieve at Everton but I am seriously depressed by everything about us at the minute . There isn't a single positive and all this wasted money has to be recouped from somewhere .

February 05, 2018, 07:31:41 PM
Reply #343

Lxxx

I'm not sure I'd use the word 'quality.' I've not seen anything in his career so far that is worthy of using that word.

February 10, 2018, 08:31:07 PM
Reply #344

Thomas

Bordering on a big failure this season if you ask me. Would have preferred Harry Maguire.