November 21, 2017, 03:25:57 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 1909 times)

August 18, 2017, 11:31:40 PM
Reply #30

Cozzie

I remember going on the Sunderland forums when we signed him and a lot of them said as well as being a great goalkeeper the thing that sticks out is his distribution.

A few of them said he created a shit tonne of chances for Defoe just punting it up the field.

Lets hope he keeps it up. His save from shaquiri was awesome.

deCoubertin

August 18, 2017, 11:46:45 PM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

And England's too.

I won't be able to help start almost support England once Pickford is in the XI (which he should be effective immediately).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 18, 2017, 11:55:27 PM
Reply #32

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I won't be able to help start almost support England once Pickford is in the XI (which he should be effective immediately).
Well knowing the way it goes with England I expect Hart will stay number one unless he has a really shit season, or until Russia when we go out early.

But yeah, looking forward to actually caring about England again once several Blues are in it.

August 18, 2017, 11:55:27 PM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
And England's too.
It's gonna be close between him and butland which is good for England and us

Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2017, 02:07:23 AM
Reply #34

gizzblue

Tbh I thought you had to now sign for a top six club to warrant a call up to international squads ... or at least the last three managers would suggest ....EFC are allowed to go but sit on the bench only .

August 19, 2017, 02:13:45 AM
Reply #35

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh I thought you had to now sign for a top six club to warrant a call up to international squads ... or at least the last three managers would suggest ....EFC are allowed to go but sit on the bench only .
Yep. But give it a couple of seasons and that will no longer be an issue.

August 19, 2017, 05:25:43 AM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

It's gonna be close between him and butland which is good for England and us

Add Heaton to that mix. With Forster and Foster options too. How Hart is still even in the squad is mad. England is blessed with a deep pool of talent when it come to GK.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:26:46 AM by Jamokachi »

August 19, 2017, 05:26:41 AM
Reply #37

Gash

Global Moderator
Looks a very good signing, commanding in the box, comes for the ball and a great shot stopper. We've been so starved of quality with keepers over the last few years that it got to the stage that when Robles pulled off a decent save people were calling for him to be given a chance this season. Pickford's head and shoulders above him and has shown just how much we've missed a top quality keeper.

August 19, 2017, 05:30:01 AM
Reply #38

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Add Heaton to that mix. With Forster and Foster options too. How Hart is still even in the squad is mad. England is blessed with a deep pool of talent when it come to GK.
Shame the rest are fucking shite

Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2017, 05:32:25 AM
Reply #39

Jamokachi

August 19, 2017, 06:07:01 AM
Reply #40

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Looks a very good signing, commanding in the box, comes for the ball and a great shot stopper. We've been so starved of quality with keepers over the last few years that it got to the stage that when Robles pulled off a decent save people were calling for him to be given a chance this season. Pickford's head and shoulders above him and has shown just how much we've missed a top quality keeper.

Head, Shoulders and Arse above him.