November 22, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Crowd trouble  (Read 3258 times)

August 18, 2017, 11:42:32 PM
Reply #45

BlueBeagle

Yeah, it's never ok to throw objects, regardless of "who started it."  That kind of shit always ends up hurting innocents.  Period, full stop.

Yeah their end was full of innocents wasn't it.

All them hundreds of lads with the hoods up charging the stewards and coppers while ripping chairs up and throwing all sorts at the Park End were just being playful.

deCoubertin

August 18, 2017, 11:47:56 PM
Reply #46

Evertonian in NC

Yeah their end was full of innocents wasn't it.

All them hundreds of lads with the hoods up charging the stewards and coppers while ripping chairs up and throwing all sorts at the Park End were just being playful.

The shit you throw will end up falling short, or deflecting and hitting someone in your own end.  It's just fucking stupid and reckless.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 18, 2017, 11:49:21 PM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

Not only that but "Everton Fans Magnificent In Face Of Provocation" is a better headline than "Everton Charged Over Crowd Trouble".

Let's show that we really are fucking better than the redshite for once.

Make an elaborate, coordinated group wanking motion at them.  That's 100% justified.  And as noted, magnificent!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 18, 2017, 11:55:06 PM
Reply #48

Simon Paul

Administrator
when you watch the videos, you can see that the lads from their end who ran out onto the pitch weren't expecting to get that far and didn't fancy it one little bit.  They then jump back behind the advertising boards and carry on throwing their arms around.

the Everton fan didn't get onto the playing surface so we won't be charged with that

August 19, 2017, 12:22:46 AM
Reply #49

BlueBeagle

The shit you throw will end up falling short, or deflecting and hitting someone in your own end.  It's just fucking stupid and reckless.

Only if you're a fucking Muppet. I think most people are capable of throwing something a few yards in a straight line tbh.

I'm not saying it SHOULD be done, just that if someone has been hit in the face with a coin (which I have been in the past), then I can understand why they would retaliate at a whole group of people baying for a bit aggro.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:29:06 AM by BlueBeagle »

August 19, 2017, 12:23:27 AM
Reply #50

WeimaranerBlues

I love the fact that they say they don't know why it started but state we threw projectiles and that may have warranted the reaction--bollocks

August 19, 2017, 12:28:17 AM
Reply #51

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Better vid

And we get charged for that ?

August 19, 2017, 12:29:55 AM
Reply #52

Macca77

I'm sorry, call me old fashioned here but if some prick starts throwing bottles and coins at me then im not gonna turn thr other cheek, im gonna retaliate, thats just me.

Not saying its the right thing to do like, each to their own

August 19, 2017, 12:54:55 AM
Reply #53

Alanvideo

I bought a pie on the way to my seat last night .It was so fucking hot if I'd thrown it at the Bullens the whole stand would have burnt down.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 19, 2017, 01:07:24 AM
Reply #54

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, it's never ok to throw objects, regardless of "who started it."  That kind of shit always ends up hurting innocents.  Period, full stop.
From the videos on youtube looked like objects thrown from the Park end mostly landed on fans lower down our stand and occasionally reaching the mass of coppers/stewards which proves your point nicely.

August 19, 2017, 01:12:33 AM
Reply #55

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I bought a pie on the way to my seat last night .It was so fucking hot if I'd thrown it at the Bullens the whole stand would have burnt down.
I told you all when I started the 'Stoke influence' thread elsewhere that Wright's Pies are something special
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 19, 2017, 01:16:49 AM
Reply #56

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry, call me old fashioned here but if some prick starts throwing bottles and coins at me then im not gonna turn thr other cheek, im gonna retaliate, thats just me.

Sometimes thinking first helps? If there was no retaliation last night only H S would now be charged, only H S would get the negative publicity and only H S would be penalised.
The reporting and subsequent impression is rightfully, that H S  AND Everton fans in crowd disturbances.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 19, 2017, 01:17:41 AM
Reply #57

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, but you should expect zero sympathy if the old bill then feel your collar for it.

August 19, 2017, 01:23:22 AM
Reply #58

Macca77

For the record I didnt retaliate, was to busy looking after my kids.

Just saying that people react different ways in different situations

August 19, 2017, 01:34:19 AM
Reply #59

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Sometimes thinking first helps? If there was no retaliation last night only H S would now be charged, only H S would get the negative publicity and only H S would be penalised.
The reporting and subsequent impression is rightfully, that H S  AND Everton fans in crowd disturbances.

I think it's inevitable (were not at Wimbledon, Lords or Twickenham) that within a crowd of say 3/4 thousand in that corner of the Park End there will be half a dozen or so hotheads that would retaliate if provoked, pity but not surprising.