October 23, 2019, 03:24:15 PM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 28769 times)

August 22, 2017, 04:11:15 AM
Reply #750

Sixx1402

God there are some doom mongers on here

A draw away to title favourites City with half a team of new players

Let's have some perspective eh
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 22, 2017, 04:11:55 AM
Reply #751

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We failed to clear the ball properly because it was a poor header. No other reason.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but for a mistake we take 3 points. Let's get a bit of perspective.

As I said, if we didn't make the change to a back 4, it is unlikely we would have conceded a goal.
It's not hindsight, plenty of people on here and twitter etc was asking for Schniderlin and Davies to be replaced, not any defender.
It was a poor decision that cost us 2 points.

It's a good point away from home, but poor judgment by Koeman that could have made it a fantastic result.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 22, 2017, 04:12:20 AM
Reply #752

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

I'm sure people will have perspective later but right now it does feel a bit like a defeat.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 22, 2017, 04:13:33 AM
Reply #753

Robioto

I'm afraid, despite the money we have spent, we are still clearly the 'best of the rest' unfortunately.

I want us to get to the stage where this is not a big result, but a disappointing one.

Let's give it a bit of time. We've drawn away at the favourites for the title, with a team full of new players who haven't gelled yet, a week before the transfer window closes.

It will take a time to get the the stage you talk about, we need to be patient and I honestly don't think we are a million miles off.

August 22, 2017, 04:14:08 AM
Reply #754

hannu

they had 10 men and out played us

August 22, 2017, 04:14:52 AM
Reply #755

plowman2

Two positives for the future for me: Calvert Lewin is going to be a top player and Holgate has learned a lesson he won't forget. The negative (huge) is the result and attitude. I've forgiven games like that for 40 years cos we were what we were, but that wasn't what I expected from a team I hoped might challenge for the top places. Disappointed to say the least.
I've been riding on the crest of a slump lately.
― Tom Waits

August 22, 2017, 04:14:58 AM
Reply #756

Bigstickytoffee

Subs were not quite right. Sigs was clearly not fit and lookman should have been on as an outlet with his pace. Koeman got that wrong.

August 22, 2017, 04:15:11 AM
Reply #757

Sixx1402

I'm sure people will have perspective later but right now it does feel a bit like a defeat.

I get that but it wasn't a defeat

It was in fact a very decent result

Anything at Chelsea and it's a great start to the season

August 22, 2017, 04:15:24 AM
Reply #758

Shogun

Administrator
Thought Koeman wasn't going to mention a striker then, thank god.

August 22, 2017, 04:15:49 AM
Reply #759

GrantyBoy78

I think today showed more tactical awareness than we have seen from Koeman, those attacking subs really should have put us on the front foot against ten.
Yeah, it's not like he put on enigmatic wingers. He put on two possession players who were charged with trying to get hold of the ball and to keep it. They didn't - not that I blame them, there were mitigating circumstances.

August 22, 2017, 04:16:16 AM
Reply #760

Sixx1402

they had 10 men and out played us

It's City for fucks sake, not Bognor Regis  :headbang:

August 22, 2017, 04:16:29 AM
Reply #761

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think Koeman's substitutions were a bit self serving? Trying to wedge in Sigurdsson and Klaasen a bit needlessly perhaps? Both you'd think were his signings. Or was it purely tactical?

Sigurdsson seemed kinda bizarre given he's had zero pre-season and no time at the club to get used to the team.

August 22, 2017, 04:16:40 AM
Reply #762

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Let's give it a bit of time. We've drawn away at the favourites for the title, with a team full of new players who haven't gelled yet, a week before the transfer window closes.

It will take a time to get the the stage you talk about, we need to be patient and I honestly don't think we are a million miles off.

I think we are.  It could be a lot worse, and I think once Gylfi gets match fit we will be challengers for Europa, but it's a long way off from where the very best in the Premier League are at.

I'm not down on the result, or even the performance, but there were two completely different levels of football being played tonight.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:17:02 AM
Reply #763

Lazarou

We should have been able to hold out and even take the game to them. We made a double substitution with 70 million worth of players. We ain't small time anymore.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

August 22, 2017, 04:18:14 AM
Reply #764

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
As I said, if we didn't make the change to a back 4, it is unlikely we would have conceded a goal.
It's not hindsight, plenty of people on here and twitter etc was asking for Schniderlin and Davies to be replaced, not any defender.
It was a poor decision that cost us 2 points.

It's a good point away from home, but poor judgment by Koeman that could have made it a fantastic result.

I don't think the defensive change was the cause.  We were under the same pressure with 3 as we were with a back 4.  Koeman has actually just explained it very well in as much as City were all playing very centrally and Baines and Holgate ended up marking no-one.

As said, it was a mistake that cost us and you can't legislate for it.