March 27, 2019, 02:58:10 AM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 25240 times)

August 22, 2017, 04:18:22 AM
Reply #765

hannu

It's City for fucks sake, not Bognor Regis  :headbang:

and we are Everton not Dagenham and Redbridge

August 22, 2017, 04:18:48 AM
Reply #766

Jamokachi

We just needed Mirallas or Lookman towards the end.

Would have preferred to see Mirallas over Klaassen, just because of his experience. Klaassen made a great defensive interception, but was otherwise a bit anonymous. I'm a bit worried that he might be a bit too light weight. Hope I'm wrong.

August 22, 2017, 04:19:35 AM
Reply #767

Sixx1402

We should have been able to hold out and even take the game to them. We made a double substitution with 70 million worth of players. We ain't small time anymore.

Sorry but we're currently a work in progress

They are supposed to be the finished article.......and title favourites......and we were away
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 22, 2017, 04:19:55 AM
Reply #768

Major Clanger

Do you think Koeman's substitutions were a bit self serving? Trying to wedge in Sigurdsson and Klaasen a bit needlessly perhaps? Both you'd think were his signings. Or was it purely tactical?

Sigurdsson seemed kinda bizarre given he's had zero pre-season and no time at the club to get used to the team.

No, I think they made sense. I'd have taken Rooney off a couple of minutes earlier for Lookman maybe, to run at their defenders and terrify them.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 22, 2017, 04:19:55 AM
Reply #769

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think Koeman's substitutions were a bit self serving? Trying to wedge in Sigurdsson and Klaasen a bit needlessly perhaps? Both you'd think were his signings. Or was it purely tactical?

Sigurdsson seemed kinda bizarre given he's had zero pre-season and no time at the club to get used to the team.

I can see what he was trying to achieve. And probably wanted to avoid what happened later to Schneiderlin to happen to Davies. But it didn't work. Gylfi isn't fit enough yet, having played no pre season with Swansea, and Davy....hmm I can't figure out what it is he does yet.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:20:21 AM
Reply #770

Sixx1402

and we are Everton not Dagenham and Redbridge

See above post
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 22, 2017, 04:20:40 AM
Reply #771

TheTone

forgot how stressful it is watching us, needed a shower after that like, proper shitting it at the end there

August 22, 2017, 04:21:41 AM
Reply #772

Fynci

Would have preferred to see Mirallas over Klaassen, just because of his experience. Klaassen made a great defensive interception, but was otherwise a bit anonymous. I'm a bit worried that he might be a bit too light weight. Hope I'm wrong.

Bit anonymous? His interception probably kept us with a point.

August 22, 2017, 04:22:00 AM
Reply #773

Evertonian in NC

Jags is my MotM.  Just massive.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 22, 2017, 04:22:27 AM
Reply #774

Lxxx

Koeman put on two players who are normally very good in possession. Unfortunately they didn't deliver. Can't blame him for that. Even if Sig wasn't fit he should have been able to last 30 minutes with an extra man.

August 22, 2017, 04:22:55 AM
Reply #775

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Oh here we go with the conspiracy theorists ! No, I don't think he is that unprofessional, I think kinda bizarrely that he wanted to win that gome !

August 22, 2017, 04:23:07 AM
Reply #776

Jamokachi

they had 10 men and out played us

But you have to look at the quality of those 10. We started the game with two U20 World Cup winners and another teenager who would have been in that same England squad bar being rested. City's team is full of seasoned internationals who have cost 10's of millions. You need some perspective lad, you're constantly coming out with bullshit shouts.

August 22, 2017, 04:23:14 AM
Reply #777

toffee_scot

I think the purpose of bringing Sigurdsson on was to help us with any set pieces we could have won, plus he needs to play anyway in order to get more and more match fitness, in fact is he eligible to play against Split this Thursday?

If he hadn't played, people would have been demanding to know why the most expensive player in the history of Everton Football Club did not come off the bench yet Besic did.

August 22, 2017, 04:23:20 AM
Reply #778

BlueNoseMike

One bad header from a young lad from a perfect smash and grab against the best (Imo) in the league.I said this to my mate on a run before but we are going to be so hard to beat this season, I can see us racking up clean sheets for fun, with a keeper and defenders who are determined to do that.

I could see sort of see the reason to go back 4. We were losing the midfield battle and needed an extra body there. With it being 10 men we could probably afford to lose one of the centre halves. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm not having that we should have took Morgs off. He offers the calmness and positional awareness in the defensive midfeild area that nobody else in the squad does (with barry leaving. For all of his great energy and ability to tackle, Gueye isn't the type to sit in and try to control the midfield. Come on, imagine taking Schneiderlin off for Besic and having him and Gana in there. City's tricky wizards would pull them apart.

The only wrong step was Klaassen looked abit off the pace. Think Koeman expected him and the Sig to get their foot on the ball.

Feels like a defeat now but overall a point is good and I'm more confident going into the tough games coming.

COYB

August 22, 2017, 04:23:27 AM
Reply #779

Macca77

Can we stop with the fucking doom and gloom please, you'd think we lost the way some of you are going on