July 21, 2018, 05:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 18875 times)

August 22, 2017, 04:40:55 AM
Reply #810

Heisenberg

Thought Pickford was disappointingly wasteful with the ball at his feet.

He has wonderful distribution with the ball in his hands, but it felt like every time he kicked it off the deck it came straight back to us.

Because they kept kicking it to the foot he is weak on

August 22, 2017, 04:41:01 AM
Reply #811

Macca77

Thought Pickford was disappointingly wasteful with the ball at his feet.

He has wonderful distribution with the ball in his hands, but it felt like every time he kicked it off the deck it came straight back to us.

He's left footed, so our defenders need to learn to knock it to his left

August 22, 2017, 04:42:43 AM
Reply #812

plowman2

Headlines for Rooney, Dcl, Mason, but Baines, Jags and Gueye were
both fucking brilliant.
Agree except DCL should also be in the 'but' part.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

August 22, 2017, 04:42:48 AM
Reply #813

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Klaassen pulled up sharply and spent a couple of minutes limping right after he came on.  After that he looked well off the pace, but was still in the right place to make that interception at the end.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 22, 2017, 04:44:30 AM
Reply #814

Jamokachi

baines jags williams morgan gana klassen rooney sig 8 seasoned internationals, its not like we played the U23's i expected to get beat before the game, that second half was beyond poor, and to say it was because of the U20 players is not on, DCL was one of the best on the field

and how is it a bad shout to say we was outplayed by 10 men

And I don't think any of those players would get near City's starting lineup. I'm not saying it was because of the U20's, I'm using them as an example to show the gulf in quality between the two teams. We had to work harder to match their quality. That extra work showed in how tired we were, even against 10 men.

Your lack of appreciation for the difference in quality is flabbergasting.

August 22, 2017, 04:46:16 AM
Reply #815

plowman2

He's left footed, so our defenders need to learn to knock it to his left
What? 😮😮
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

August 22, 2017, 04:49:19 AM
Reply #816

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
baines jags williams morgan gana klassen rooney sig 8 seasoned internationals, its not like we played the U23's i expected to get beat before the game, that second half was beyond poor, and to say it was because of the U20 players is not on, DCL was one of the best on the field

and how is it a bad shout to say we was outplayed by 10 men
If you cant see the difference in quality between sides then, tbh, I'm amazed

Even a man down, they would beat most sides in the pl cos of the quality they have

The ten man thing is massively over blown at any standard anyway. If you have fitness, quality and pace it matters little
Simply simply lovely

August 22, 2017, 04:50:54 AM
Reply #817

Macca77

August 22, 2017, 04:52:28 AM
Reply #818

hannu

And I don't think any of those players would get near City's starting lineup. I'm not saying it was because of the U20's, I'm using them as an example to show the gulf in quality between the two teams. We had to work harder to match their quality. That extra work showed in how tired we were, even against 10 men.

Your lack of appreciation for the difference in quality is flabbergasting.

i understand there is a gulf in quality 11 v 11 but against 10 men we should not have been so poor, i would understand even if they was slightly better with 10 but we was completely out played 2nd half, it looked like we was the team with 10 men, every match i see the same thing, we can only play for 45 mins, correct me if i am wrong

August 22, 2017, 04:53:37 AM
Reply #819

sam of the south

That's a ridiculous statement, doesn't matter who was on the pitch when that ball went to Sterlings feet he was always going to score, fuck allanyone could have done about it.

It was tongue in cheek, ya bellend
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 22, 2017, 04:54:20 AM
Reply #820

Lxxx

Toughest game of the season and a point from it. I'll take that all day long. Lots of if's, but's and maybe's but 4 points from first two games is a point more than most thought we'd have.

August 22, 2017, 04:55:05 AM
Reply #821

hannu

Because they kept kicking it to the foot he is weak on

he was unusually poor with his left too, he did make a few good passes but lots where poor, i think nerves got the better of him, he is still a young lad and i think the pressure got to him with his kicking, i feel confident in his shot stopping tho, not felt like that about our keeper for a good few years

August 22, 2017, 04:55:41 AM
Reply #822

fubarruk

Draw at City is a good result, end of.

They're title favourites for a reason and but for a individual error we probably would have taken 3 points.

We didn't get beat in what will always be a tough game.

August 22, 2017, 04:56:54 AM
Reply #823

Lazarou

i understand there is a gulf in quality 11 v 11 but against 10 men we should not have been so poor, i would understand even if they was slightly better with 10 but we was completely out played 2nd half, it looked like we was the team with 10 men, every match i see the same thing, we can only play for 45 mins, correct me if i am wrong

Never seen a 90 minutes out of Koemans Everton, a complete performance if you will. No excuses now with the squad we have assembled they should be able to dominate inferior or numerically inferior opponents more than they do.

August 22, 2017, 04:57:03 AM
Reply #824

eyesalwaysblue

The City 10 that were left is still better than most 11, think we did as much as we are capable of at the mo.
I still despise Clive Thomas..