July 21, 2018, 08:59:36 PM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 18885 times)

August 22, 2017, 06:01:11 AM
Reply #840

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Was treating the three cb's again yet it was decent although Williams was shite ....dropped two points to a young defensive error but will take it all day against city....Koemans idea was right in with subs. ...but it didn't work at all ....it will when they're all up to speed .... Jags looked ten years younger ....m.o.m easy .

Williams wasn't shite though was he? He's been wobbly so far this season but, apart from one crap pass, you couldn't say he was crap tonight.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 22, 2017, 06:16:49 AM
Reply #841

MrWhite

Just watching the 20min highlights, safe to say the ref had a total mare?

August 22, 2017, 06:22:19 AM
Reply #842

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Just watching the 20min highlights, safe to say the ref had a total mare?

Difficult though isn't it.
From his angle it did look like Walker had led with an elbow, he must have thought it wasn't intentional as it would have been a straight red.

I think Schneiderlin was quite stupid, don't get me wrong it was a good tackle, but I think it was borderline reckless, especially on a yellow, and he did make contact with his trailing leg, it's tough to know whether he was in full control of the tackle or not.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 22, 2017, 06:23:06 AM
Reply #843

gizzblue

Williams wasn't shite though was he? He's been wobbly so far this season but, apart from one crap pass, you couldn't say he was crap tonight.
Where was he second half ???.....in the bath were he belongs ....shite was being generous .imho....he was bought as a stop gap last year and should have been sold asap.

August 22, 2017, 06:24:54 AM
Reply #844

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What can you say really? We probably should have lost it due to the overwhelming pressure but we grit our teeth and just about made it out.

Not going to pretend I know what he should have done because the game was on a knife edge from minute 1 imo. It looked like an individual error rather than systemic to me but it's also true that we threatened them less in the second half. We are always, regardless of system, going to be worst without Morgan Schneiderlin on the pitch. Feel for Holgate because I think he was terrific

Superb stuff from DCL, would like to see us create some chances for him now.

Really no idea who to play against split...can't rest Rooney and DCL but Sandro is injured. Besic against Chelsea? Gulp.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 22, 2017, 06:27:40 AM
Reply #845

Jamokachi

i understand there is a gulf in quality 11 v 11 but against 10 men we should not have been so poor, i would understand even if they was slightly better with 10 but we was completely out played 2nd half, it looked like we was the team with 10 men, every match i see the same thing, we can only play for 45 mins, correct me if i am wrong

I've corrected you twice already lad.

August 22, 2017, 06:29:02 AM
Reply #846

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
City could play every game this year with 10 men and probably come inside the top 7.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 22, 2017, 06:32:01 AM
Reply #847

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
City could play every game this year with 10 men and probably come inside the top 7.

and it would be nice to be in the 6 above that beat them.

August 22, 2017, 06:37:03 AM
Reply #848

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Where was he second half ???.....in the bath were he belongs ....shite was being generous .imho....he was bought as a stop gap last year and should have been sold asap.

Did we concede or look like conceding when he was on? That would be no. He's not been brilliant but he wasn't shite tonight.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 22, 2017, 06:59:22 AM
Reply #849

MrWhite

Difficult though isn't it.
From his angle it did look like Walker had led with an elbow, he must have thought it wasn't intentional as it would have been a straight red.

I think Schneiderlin was quite stupid, don't get me wrong it was a good tackle, but I think it was borderline reckless, especially on a yellow, and he did make contact with his trailing leg, it's tough to know whether he was in full control of the tackle or not.

I thought the schneiderlin one was touch and go, got the ball but collected Aguero in the process. Some give it, some don't. As you say the Walker angle is poor for him.. but Tom's 'dive'? Obviously I didn't see the whole thing so the context may be ropey but the impression was inconsistency?

August 22, 2017, 07:04:04 AM
Reply #850

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I thought the schneiderlin one was touch and go, got the ball but collected Aguero in the process. Some give it, some don't. As you say the Walker angle is poor for him.. but Tom's 'dive'? Obviously I didn't see the whole thing so the context may be ropey but the impression was inconsistency?

I love the way Davies draws in a foul, I haven't seen it back but I think he looked like he was on his way down before the contact took place?, I think that's why the refs pulled him up.
It was shame because that really took the wind out of his sails.

August 22, 2017, 07:05:43 AM
Reply #851

burkey17

I think it was a 'team performance' tonight. Williams was not 'shite' at all. He played well in the '3' tonight against quick nippy forwards looking for pockets of space all the time. Many teams will go the Etihad and get turned over there this Season. Made up that we are not conceding goals so far this Season. You build from the back and hopefully that confidence will continue- 1 goal conceded in 5 games? Pretty damned good!

August 22, 2017, 07:46:23 AM
Reply #852

hannu

i get city are a good team with quality players

we are Everton we also have quality players, we should never be happy getting played off the park no matter who it is

the way some of you go on you would think we was a sunday league team

i know we are not the best team in the league am not deluded

but we are more than capable, we smashed them 4-0 last season with 11 men

am not saying we should expect to beat everyone. there are better teams
but we need to shake this attitude of the moyes era of feeling lucky to get out alive (alot of you seem to still believe this)

before kick off a draw would have been a good result, but from a winning position with an extra man a draw feels like a loss to me, to me this feels worse than if we got beat 3-0, at the end of the season a point from this might feel like we did well, but we had it in our hands and it feels like we bottled it

August 22, 2017, 07:47:36 AM
Reply #853

MrWhite

I love the way Davies draws in a foul, I haven't seen it back but I think he looked like he was on his way down before the contact took place?, I think that's why the refs pulled him up.
It was shame because that really took the wind out of his sails.

Just been back and rewatched it. From behind, I can see why it might have looked like that (and so possibly to the ref although he was close enough to see it). But from the other angle he wasn't going down, his right leg made contact with the defender and then his left leg twisted, moving his left boot from a landing position to a falling one. I guess you might argue that jerk wasn't entirely natural (only Tom would know I think) but it was definitely after the contact.

August 22, 2017, 10:08:04 AM
Reply #854

blueski

Thought that was bad officiating- there was contact but it did seem davies made a meal of it. If its seen that way its harsh to book the defender but equally harsh to book davies because there was real contact. Better to make it a no call if you see it that way unless you dont see the contact which seems unlikely
Nil Satis