December 16, 2018, 03:16:08 AM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 21660 times)

August 22, 2017, 04:33:38 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What's the post game comments been like? I'm watching GOT
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 22, 2017, 06:24:54 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What can you say really? We probably should have lost it due to the overwhelming pressure but we grit our teeth and just about made it out.

Not going to pretend I know what he should have done because the game was on a knife edge from minute 1 imo. It looked like an individual error rather than systemic to me but it's also true that we threatened them less in the second half. We are always, regardless of system, going to be worst without Morgan Schneiderlin on the pitch. Feel for Holgate because I think he was terrific

Superb stuff from DCL, would like to see us create some chances for him now.

Really no idea who to play against split...can't rest Rooney and DCL but Sandro is injured. Besic against Chelsea? Gulp.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 22, 2017, 06:29:02 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
City could play every game this year with 10 men and probably come inside the top 7.

August 22, 2017, 05:16:04 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't disagree but to some extent our passing under Koeman is shite and it if wasn't for Ganas recovery of the ball I seriously think we would be fucked . We are easily pressed even by teams like Stoke because the pace of our game is poor ( hence the slow starts ) and that won't really be improved by the players we have bought . Doing well with a team set up for the counter who everyone thinks will fade by the seasons end in Southampton and getting Everton to the next level are worlds apart . Getting us to 7th is the minimum . Still next game on Thursday and City will after all rip better teams than us a new one .

I'm not quite at the end of the scale that you are, but we are pressed into traps very very easily.

Around the back four we seem to pass it in a straight line until it ends up at like Jags left foot, no option, hit it long.

Also anyone who thinks Keane is a ball playing centre back is off their heads. He looks good and he looks quite comfortable but his passing looks about the same as Williams or Jags to me tbh.

This is why Schneiderlin is so important, and why I don't want Rooney isolated up front. With those two we have at least two passers who can receive st different angles and keep the ball moving. Gueye has impressed me and I think he's a better passer than I have him credit for but Schneiderlin and Rooney are streets ahead of anyone in the side.