October 22, 2019, 04:29:26 PM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 28743 times)

August 22, 2017, 03:19:48 AM
Read 28743 times

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Cmon Gylfi, son of Sigurd.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 03:59:06 AM
Reply #1

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
We missed Davies's pressing in the last 20, but given his situation on the yellow, with that shithouse of a ref, I can see the logic is the subs.  Not a great game to introduce Gylfi though, given he hasn't had any pre season at all.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:04:52 AM
Reply #2

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
We still have a big inferiority complex against the big teams; and maybe justifiably so. But a goal up against ten men with only 45 minutes left is as good a time as any to try and take the game to them.

I'm afraid, despite the money we have spent, we are still clearly the 'best of the rest' unfortunately.

I want us to get to the stage where this is not a big result, but a disappointing one.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:08:46 AM
Reply #3

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Thinking about Aguero in that game is making me fume. Working with a City fan tomorrow too....there's going to be some pelters.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:16:40 AM
Reply #4

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Let's give it a bit of time. We've drawn away at the favourites for the title, with a team full of new players who haven't gelled yet, a week before the transfer window closes.

It will take a time to get the the stage you talk about, we need to be patient and I honestly don't think we are a million miles off.

I think we are.  It could be a lot worse, and I think once Gylfi gets match fit we will be challengers for Europa, but it's a long way off from where the very best in the Premier League are at.

I'm not down on the result, or even the performance, but there were two completely different levels of football being played tonight.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:19:55 AM
Reply #5

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think Koeman's substitutions were a bit self serving? Trying to wedge in Sigurdsson and Klaasen a bit needlessly perhaps? Both you'd think were his signings. Or was it purely tactical?

Sigurdsson seemed kinda bizarre given he's had zero pre-season and no time at the club to get used to the team.

I can see what he was trying to achieve. And probably wanted to avoid what happened later to Schneiderlin to happen to Davies. But it didn't work. Gylfi isn't fit enough yet, having played no pre season with Swansea, and Davy....hmm I can't figure out what it is he does yet.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 22, 2017, 04:23:56 AM
Reply #6

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Jags is my MotM.  Just massive.

Yeah, Jags was immense. 35 and still beautiful.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 23, 2017, 06:43:32 AM
Reply #7

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
What a load of bollocks to say that after two games and getting a point at City ,never mind the fact that Gylfi wasn't ready . Idiot .

Clearly you didn't watch the game, nobber. The gulf in class was obvious to anyone but an imbecile.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 29, 2017, 07:10:04 PM
Reply #8

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
You have a way with words ,for a  tosser ! Sadly ,for your information I did indeed watch the match but I don't suffer from the blinkered outlook that tossers do .Yes there was a difference in class on the night but we are still gelling and we are two fucking games into the season ,so the imbecilic comment seems to me a little wide of the mark .Please don't reply or you will get me banned as I rise to the bait of tossers like you

So, post Chelsea...any further thoughts?

I'll keep asking after we get out classed by every other top 6 team until your slow brain catches up.

Right now, we are still the best of the rest unfortunately, miles away from where we should hope to be.

(Nobber)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:13:13 PM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red