November 23, 2017, 12:47:08 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton charged over Hajduk Split fans disorder  (Read 4244 times)

August 19, 2017, 05:42:57 PM
Reply #15

Rodenplav64

Weren't Split and Zagreb fans fighting each other during the last Euros ?

deCoubertin

August 19, 2017, 05:49:18 PM
Reply #16

phillyt

As far as I could tell - plenty of stuff were thrown before our fans started anything and your own supporter was the 1st one that got to the actual pitch and was the only one arrested. Now, reaction from some of our fans was wrong and they shouldn't have let them be provoked like that, but the main group stopped others from doing anything more that could have really turn out bad.
There are cameras, go through all of them, confirm there were bottles flying towards Torcida or confirm there wasn't any. Tag all our supporters that went over the edge and actually threw a punch or broke a chair and ban those, fine them, idc.
They should have been smarter, but don't generalize the entire fan group let alone entire country and don't act like innocent schoolgirls 'cause not all of your fans are.

I do agree with second half of your post, your opening gambit though is total bullshit. There were coins lighters and bottles raining down on us before anything went back. In fact the spark of the Everton fans angst, certainly in the area I was in, was the little lad getting struck. That is when the Everton fans in the corner realised what was going on and a few bottles went back.  (Not excusing that but the reaction was minor in comparison). There was lots posturing from both sides but after the initial throwing, the police and stewards came in and calmed it down then most of our ire was aimed at them seemingly allowing behaviour they would normally stop (standing on seats, smoking etc). Not a problem to me and I can understand the tactical reasons for letting it go. 

The aggression came from hadjuk fans most Everton fans (certainly around me) before that were admiring the passion and atmosphere created by the  Torcida.

I have seen a couple of suggestions that the hadjuk fans were giving "seig heil"salutes which I couldn't see or hear, can you clear up is that a part of your chanting repertoire or are those people mistaken. Also the 100% white thing I have read its reference to your home kit. Is that true or are your fans just a bit racist?

As I alluded to above either side of the little altercation your fans were great entertainment (assuming no hitler salutes and racism). It's just disappointing to see hadjuk try to blame Everton fans when it's clear as day who the aggressors were.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 19, 2017, 06:28:11 PM
Reply #17

starblood

As far as I could tell - plenty of stuff were thrown before our fans started anything and your own supporter was the 1st one that got to the actual pitch and was the only one arrested. Now, reaction from some of our fans was wrong and they shouldn't have let them be provoked like that, but the main group stopped others from doing anything more that could have really turn out bad.
There are cameras, go through all of them, confirm there were bottles flying towards Torcida or confirm there wasn't any. Tag all our supporters that went over the edge and actually threw a punch or broke a chair and ban those, fine them, idc.
They should have been smarter, but don't generalize the entire fan group let alone entire country and don't act like innocent schoolgirls 'cause not all of your fans are.

Very considered wording here - but you don't actually say that you were there, in with the Split fans at Goodison on Thursday?

August 19, 2017, 06:33:53 PM
Reply #18

BlueBeagle

Has been to Goodison around 50 times including games in Europe games against Liverpool and United. NEVER EVER have I seen scenes like this so it sounds reasonable that it was the Evertons fans to blame......like you blamed UEFA last week .. Realise your fans are scum and its in big numbers. Hope UEFA this time will ban you and not give you a second chance like they did against brøndby.

You're acting like they stopped off on the way to the ground and pissed on your front garden.

Why are you taking it so personally?

August 19, 2017, 06:47:04 PM
Reply #19

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
You're acting like they stopped off on the way to the ground and pissed on your front garden.

Why are you taking it so personally?
Seen the Danish men handball team attacked by fans In Croatia seen my son getting attacked by Bosnian parents for making a hard tackle  in a football game  seen coins and lighters thrown at Danish fans and players when playing womens handball in Croatia just to name a few- As stated earlier some of my sons best friends are Bosnian, but once they get near a football pitch they complete switch personality. I know that, but when some then try to blame Everton (and UEFA) I take it personally. Glad you think its OK. Wish you a good trip to Split. Croatia is a lovely country - so are the people as long as its got nothing to do with sport ..... never our fault .... I've heard that a few times to many
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:50:28 PM by Polledreng »

August 19, 2017, 07:12:17 PM
Reply #20

BlueBeagle

Seen the Danish men handball team attacked by fans In Croatia seen my son getting attacked by Bosnian parents for making a hard tackle  in a football game  seen coins and lighters thrown at Danish fans and players when playing womens handball in Croatia just to name a few- As stated earlier some of my sons best friends are Bosnian, but once they get near a football pitch they complete switch personality. I know that, but when some then try to blame Everton (and UEFA) I take it personally. Glad you think its OK. Wish you a good trip to Split. Croatia is a lovely country - so are the people as long as its got nothing to do with sport ..... never our fault .... I've heard that a few times to many

Absolutely none of that is relevant to thursday but alright

August 19, 2017, 09:33:00 PM
Reply #21

Hajduk fan passing by

I do agree with second half of your post, your opening gambit though is total bullshit. There were coins lighters and bottles raining down on us before anything went back. In fact the spark of the Everton fans angst, certainly in the area I was in, was the little lad getting struck. That is when the Everton fans in the corner realised what was going on and a few bottles went back.  (Not excusing that but the reaction was minor in comparison). There was lots posturing from both sides but after the initial throwing, the police and stewards came in and calmed it down then most of our ire was aimed at them seemingly allowing behaviour they would normally stop (standing on seats, smoking etc). Not a problem to me and I can understand the tactical reasons for letting it go. 

The aggression came from hadjuk fans most Everton fans (certainly around me) before that were admiring the passion and atmosphere created by the  Torcida.

I have seen a couple of suggestions that the hadjuk fans were giving "seig heil"salutes which I couldn't see or hear, can you clear up is that a part of your chanting repertoire or are those people mistaken. Also the 100% white thing I have read its reference to your home kit. Is that true or are your fans just a bit racist?

As I alluded to above either side of the little altercation your fans were great entertainment (assuming no hitler salutes and racism). It's just disappointing to see hadjuk try to blame Everton fans when it's clear as day who the aggressors were.

I wasn't there so can't say what happened for sure, just passing by impressions by those that were there. And no, "100% white" has no relations with racism as white is our main color, they're promoting this new grey(ish) jersey as it's a new one and want to kick start its sales. And no, sieg heil salutes aren't a part of any chants, but putting your hand in front is, some do that, some spread their arms, etc. There's no racism here, for fak sake - we had 3 black players in our squad, and don't you think you'd hear some racism chants if it were so?
Anyway, great game Everton, you've taken opportunities of 2 of our faults ( tackles lost ) and I just hope that with someof our 1st team coming back from injuries or the next one - we should still make it interesting 'till the end.

August 19, 2017, 10:26:50 PM
Reply #22

Paddockoldie

Has been to Goodison around 50 times including games in Europe games against Liverpool and United. NEVER EVER have I seen scenes like this so it sounds reasonable that it was the Evertons fans to blame......like you blamed UEFA last week .. Realise your fans are scum and its in big numbers. Hope UEFA this time will ban you and not give you a second chance like they did against brøndby.

If you ever went in the late 70's to mid 80's you'd have seen worse at Goodison. Park End stands went off quite often and other parts of the ground. Our place was feared mate, especially night games. I remember some serious incidents. This game was nothing in comparison

August 19, 2017, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #23

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
If you ever went in the late 70's to mid 80's you'd have seen worse at Goodison. Park End stands went off quite often and other parts of the ground. Our place was feared mate, especially night games. I remember some serious incidents. This game was nothing in comparison
Didn't go then... First game at Goodison was when Bakayoko made his debut against Liverpool. Every place in the 70ties and 80ties was ugly and happy to see that part of the game has vanished from the English game.

August 19, 2017, 10:39:00 PM
Reply #24

Paddockoldie

Didn't go then... First game at Goodison was when Bakayoko made his debut against Liverpool. Every place in the 70ties and 80ties was ugly and happy to see that part of the game has vanished from the English game.

It's not vanished, just changed and is less reported than before to not glamorise it, but it still goes on away from the ground. Football's tribal

August 19, 2017, 10:42:03 PM
Reply #25

phillyt

I wasn't there so can't say what happened for sure, just passing by impressions by those that were there. And no, "100% white" has no relations with racism as white is our main color, they're promoting this new grey(ish) jersey as it's a new one and want to kick start its sales. And no, sieg heil salutes aren't a part of any chants, but putting your hand in front is, some do that, some spread their arms, etc. There's no racism here, for fak sake - we had 3 black players in our squad, and don't you think you'd hear some racism chants if it were so?
Anyway, great game Everton, you've taken opportunities of 2 of our faults ( tackles lost ) and I just hope that with someof our 1st team coming back from injuries or the next one - we should still make it interesting 'till the end.
I wasnt having a go.  I was just questioning it as I had seen both accusations levelled at your fans but having been right next to the away fans had seen nothing untoward (outside of the previously discussed mischief). Quite often in England the racist card is thrown around to easily and i didn't get the impression split fans were about that.

Hopefully when the dust settles the hadjuk fans and split locals can just accept what happened wasn't down to Everton fans and allow our great away support to come to your lovely looking city take over your square with flags and songs, spend fortunes in your local bars and have a great time without getting into a rumble. I doubt it tho and I suspect some of our bigger boys may be involved in some playtime.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 20, 2017, 03:03:11 PM
Reply #26

Hajduk fan passing by

Idk what will happen, majority of our fans are normal, a bit crazy when it comes to supporting our club but within boundaries, but there will always be some hot heads, those younger ones of course.
Not sure the police itself will allow you guys to walk freely in the middle of the town as they don't want to risk it and you guys will probably be surrounded by cops entire time as a measure of precaution and kept in places where they can control the situation ( a beach or something like that ).
Anyway, I'm not expecting any incidents at all as we all know we're under big radar of UEFA that still has to decide about our punishment for this and are hoping that by everything going well in the 2nd game - they may be softer when deciding what our punishment will actually be.
Btw, I haven't seen it - but have our fans lit up any flares during the game? Just curious

August 20, 2017, 03:07:01 PM
Reply #27

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No there were no flares, we don't allow them in the ground, why do you allow them, they are dangerous and distracting ?

August 20, 2017, 03:16:22 PM
Reply #28

Hajduk fan passing by

We don't allow them either, although they always sneak them in if they want to, there are many ways of doing so. Just glad they decided not to given what UEA thinks of them.
And flares, if not thrown but burnt out while being kept in the hands for entire time - are no danger to anyone, but guess you never held one

August 20, 2017, 03:21:35 PM
Reply #29

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If they are not allowed why don't you just ban the people that use them ? No I have never held a flare
I would perhaps if I were stranded at sea but what has a flare got to do with a football match ? And there are more than enough videos showing you don't always hold them in your hand, you often throw them on the pitch.