November 21, 2017, 06:36:36 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton charged over Hajduk Split fans disorder  (Read 4220 times)

August 20, 2017, 03:26:31 PM
Reply #30

Hajduk fan passing by

Yea, those that throw them are morons in my book, not arguing about it, and it does happen. But using them gives a special spice to entire cheer, it literally lightens up all fan stands.
Kk, it's a bit hard to breethe when you're surrounded by smoke, can't exactly see what's happening on the pitch - but if it encourages entire stadium ( and it does ) to cheer even more stronger - then it's worth it.
Just as long as flares aren't thrown, and as you said - it does happen, hopefully those will learn

deCoubertin

August 20, 2017, 03:45:52 PM
Reply #31

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
@Hajduk fan passing by Absolute bollocks saying Everton fans were throwing things.
Mirallas was having lighters and empty bottles thrown at him when he was taking a corner at the PE, this was long before all the away fans decided to jump hoarding and try and attack our fans.

Don't even try and kid that it was just a couple of fans, it was about 1/5 of your whole support, and that was just the people that managed to get over the hoardings.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:01:43 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 20, 2017, 03:57:26 PM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yea, those that throw them are morons in my book, not arguing about it, and it does happen. But using them gives a special spice to entire cheer, it literally lightens up all fan stands.
Kk, it's a bit hard to breethe when you're surrounded by smoke, can't exactly see what's happening on the pitch - but if it encourages entire stadium ( and it does ) to cheer even more stronger - then it's worth it.
Just as long as flares aren't thrown, and as you said - it does happen, hopefully those will learn

"It's a bit hard to breath and you can't exactly see what's happening on the pitch" sounds like great fun, I know that if anyone sitting near me were to even pull a flare out of his pocket he would be bundled out before he had a chance to ignite it, why don't the police do a pat down of your Tocida when they are entering the stadium, are they afraid of them ? Why don't the Croatian FA say that if flares are thrown on the pitch the match will be abandoned, would that not help ?

August 20, 2017, 04:05:31 PM
Reply #33

Hajduk fan passing by

Almost each person entering the stadium is patted down, but they always find a way, and 99% of flares lit on our stadium are on the north stand, where ultras are, so if you don't like them near you - go to some other stand. And plenty of fines the cub got for flares from our FA, and things have gotten a bit better in the last few years, but they're a part of cheering history and not likely to vanish completely

August 20, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Idk what will happen, majority of our fans are normal, a bit crazy when it comes to supporting our club but within boundaries, but there will always be some hot heads, those younger ones of course.
Not sure the police itself will allow you guys to walk freely in the middle of the town as they don't want to risk it and you guys will probably be surrounded by cops entire time as a measure of precaution and kept in places where they can control the situation ( a beach or something like that ).
Anyway, I'm not expecting any incidents at all as we all know we're under big radar of UEFA that still has to decide about our punishment for this and are hoping that by everything going well in the 2nd game - they may be softer when deciding what our punishment will actually be.
Btw, I haven't seen it - but have our fans lit up any flares during the game? Just curious

You were under the big radar of UEFA last Thursday but that didn't stop your fans getting four further charges, that can hardly help your case when they decide your punishment for the Brondby incidents so why would you expect better behaviour next week? I think it's a pity for all those Evertonians that have paid so much money partly to see your beautiful city that they will be corralled and forbidden to see it, your fans enjoyed freedom of the City in Liverpool and were treated with respect. I will just be glad when next Thursday is over and we never have to play you guys again untill you have got your act together.

August 20, 2017, 04:51:14 PM
Reply #35

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Hajduk fan having a mare here. You cant defend them, awful fans.
I have to return some videotapes.

August 20, 2017, 09:06:19 PM
Reply #36

TTT

If you read some of the comments on the youtube videos, split fans are allready predicting a bloodbath for the return, Everton fans need to be organised,  football violence was a way of life for me in the 80s with everton, but the return leg as got trouble wrote all over it. Whoevers going be carefull boys, seriously. 

August 20, 2017, 09:42:12 PM
Reply #37

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Hajduk fan having a mare here. You cant defend them, awful fans.
Like a modern version of Custer''s last stand - no chance of winning but fighting (not literally this time) to the end.
Like others have said on here this was nothing compared to the 60''s,  70''s and 80''s and I've been within a few feet of Everton flares last season and seen agressive provocative behaviour. It's unrealistic to believe the risk of violence is ever far from the surface at any game. It's a passionate sport and passion can always spill over.
One thought about the current debate - I wonder if recent experiences of war in that part of the world mean this level of violence is trivialised by comparing to other events? Different culture, different values?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 20, 2017, 09:49:42 PM
Reply #38

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Like a modern version of Custer''s last stand - no chance of winning but fighting (not literally this time) to the end.
Like others have said on here this was nothing compared to the 60''s,  70''s and 80''s and I've been within a few feet of Everton flares last season and seen agressive provocative behaviour. It's unrealistic to believe the risk of violence is ever far from the surface at any game. It's a passionate sport and passion can always spill over.
One thought about the current debate - I wonder if recent experiences of war in that part of the world mean this level of violence is trivialised by comparing to other events? Different culture, different values?

I nearly mentioned the recent flares in our crowds.

It's a good point about cultures and recent events. It does still go on over here, but for most people it's not part of their culture now so the presence of cameras and media at our level has driven it away from the grounds. If you've lived through war in your country then that would support the idea that football violence is a minor thing. It may well be a bit more complex than a simple graph of 'time since war' and 'likelihood of violence in the ground' though.

Sounds like a good topic for someone's degree thesis.

August 20, 2017, 09:50:31 PM
Reply #39

BlueBeagle

this was long before all the away fans decided to jump hoarding and try and attack our fans.

Giving them a bit too much credit there.

They jumped over, waved their arms a bit and then ran back to the stand.

They clearly weren't interested in having a serious go at any point.

August 20, 2017, 09:54:10 PM
Reply #40

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Giving them a bit too much credit there.

They jumped over, waved their arms a bit and then ran back to the stand.

They clearly weren't interested in having a serious go at any point.

A steward got punched in the face though, a chair got threw and plenty of adults (and kids) got hit with coins and bottles etc.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 20, 2017, 10:16:52 PM
Reply #41

BlueBeagle

A steward got punched in the face though, a chair got threw and plenty of adults (and kids) got hit with coins and bottles etc.

Yeah exactly.

'Trying to attack our fans' makes it sound a lot less pathetic than it actually was.

August 20, 2017, 11:02:15 PM
Reply #42

Paddockoldie

If anyone's going and expects their police to protect them they are on to a hiding, literally. The split scallies punch fuck out of them and seem to have no fear... keep safe lads but it's not the place to go if you don't expect trouble.

August 20, 2017, 11:28:08 PM
Reply #43

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I must have missed that game last season when flares were set off, which game was it and against who ?
not that there is any equivalence between an isolated incident and the multiple firing of on a weekly basis,
unless you think like Donald Trump of course.

August 21, 2017, 12:25:29 AM
Reply #44

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I must have missed that game last season when flares were set off, which game was it and against who ?
not that there is any equivalence between an isolated incident and the multiple firing of on a weekly basis,
unless you think like Donald Trump of course.
Has happened more than once in the last few years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/everton-fans-illegal-flare-singed-7992743

I don't think he was suggesting any equilavence, simply countering the assertion that all Everton fans are saints.