November 21, 2017, 12:02:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton charged over Hajduk Split fans disorder  (Read 4223 times)

August 21, 2017, 12:39:09 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
"It's a bit hard to breath and you can't exactly see what's happening on the pitch" sounds like great fun, I know that if anyone sitting near me were to even pull a flare out of his pocket he would be bundled out before he had a chance to ignite it, why don't the police do a pat down of your Tocida when they are entering the stadium, are they afraid of them ? Why don't the Croatian FA say that if flares are thrown on the pitch the match will be abandoned, would that not help ?

Why are you grilling him? What do you want him to say?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

August 21, 2017, 12:40:41 AM
Reply #46

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Has happened more than once in the last few years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/everton-fans-illegal-flare-singed-7992743

I don't think he was suggesting any equilavence, simply countering the assertion that all Everton fans are saints.

That incident was at Wembley and the smack head was arrested, I would like Shropshire Blue to tell me which game at Goodison last season because I really can't remember it ?

August 21, 2017, 12:42:04 AM
Reply #47

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Why are you grilling him? What do you want him to say?

We are having a discussion, an exchange of views between him and me, what's your problem ?

August 21, 2017, 12:43:32 AM
Reply #48

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be honest I can remember a flair going off at Goodison or away in the past 2 years at some point, I can't remember where or when, I just remember looking over and thinking "it's not even blue smoke, it's purple"

Edit: I'm 99% sure it was away from home.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 21, 2017, 12:49:26 AM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There's been loads of flares in the last few years. Mainly at away games.

Lpool chucked some flares on the pitch at Goodison last season when Mane scored.

August 21, 2017, 12:54:18 AM
Reply #50

BlueBeagle

There was a spell a few years ago when there was a blue smoke bomb at most away games and the odd home game.

Totally different to flares are there is no flame.

Never bothered me when one is going off after we've scored a goal. The smoke soon clears.

August 21, 2017, 12:59:32 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We are having a discussion, an exchange of views between him and me, what's your problem ?

He doesn't seem to have an opposing view.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 01:00:50 AM
Reply #52

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be honest I can remember a flair going off at Goodison or away in the past 2 years at some point, I can't remember where or when, I just remember looking over and thinking "it's not even blue smoke, it's purple"

Edit: I'm 99% sure it was away from home.

Probably the Wembley one, the guy that was carrying cocaine.

August 21, 2017, 01:02:19 AM
Reply #53

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He doesn't seem to have an opposing view.

Which is not entirely true but fine if he does, it's just an exchange of opinions.

August 21, 2017, 01:05:12 AM
Reply #54

BlueBeagle

the guy that was carrying cocaine.

What's that got to do with anything?

August 21, 2017, 01:07:19 AM
Reply #55

Paddockoldie

Flares were very popular throughout the 70's I remember. There was a period in the 80's when they became something else and I remember Leeds away when one was fired in to their home end where they stood on their seats??? Odd bunch back then. Singed one poor lads 3 star jumper.

August 21, 2017, 01:24:08 AM
Reply #56

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What's that got to do with anything?

Just that I think you have to either be a bit mental or a smack head to do such a thing, no "normal" "typical" Everton supporter would do something like that.

August 21, 2017, 01:27:09 AM
Reply #57

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I must have missed that game last season when flares were set off, which game was it and against who ?
not that there is any equivalence between an isolated incident and the multiple firing of on a weekly basis,
unless you think like Donald Trump of course.
It was an away game and I can't remember which one. Sorry, I can remember another one but that was further away from me.
Donald Trump? If I start to think like him I promise to leave this forum and spend the rest of my days on GOT.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 21, 2017, 01:29:40 AM
Reply #58

Lazarou

I was at Boro in the Everton end in the Capital One Cup, some kind gentleman let a blue flare off right at my feet, you cannot get that shit of your white trainers, they were ruined.

Good game though.

August 21, 2017, 01:36:32 AM
Reply #59

BlueBeagle

Just that I think you have to either be a bit mental or a smack head to do such a thing, no "normal" "typical" Everton supporter would do something like that.

I guarantee you there was hundreds, if not thousands, of Evertonians on beak at Wembley.

You obviously don't get out and about much do you? Think everyone in a locked toilet cubicle is doing a shite? lolol
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:38:58 AM by BlueBeagle »