October 20, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton charged over Hajduk Split fans disorder  (Read 8075 times)

August 20, 2017, 09:42:12 PM
Read 8075 times

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Hajduk fan having a mare here. You cant defend them, awful fans.
Like a modern version of Custer''s last stand - no chance of winning but fighting (not literally this time) to the end.
Like others have said on here this was nothing compared to the 60''s,  70''s and 80''s and I've been within a few feet of Everton flares last season and seen agressive provocative behaviour. It's unrealistic to believe the risk of violence is ever far from the surface at any game. It's a passionate sport and passion can always spill over.
One thought about the current debate - I wonder if recent experiences of war in that part of the world mean this level of violence is trivialised by comparing to other events? Different culture, different values?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 21, 2017, 01:27:09 AM
Reply #1

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I must have missed that game last season when flares were set off, which game was it and against who ?
not that there is any equivalence between an isolated incident and the multiple firing of on a weekly basis,
unless you think like Donald Trump of course.
It was an away game and I can't remember which one. Sorry, I can remember another one but that was further away from me.
Donald Trump? If I start to think like him I promise to leave this forum and spend the rest of my days on GOT.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 21, 2017, 07:37:07 AM
Reply #2

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like their coaches stopped in Cromer for a toilet stop on the way to the ferry.