November 21, 2017, 03:27:17 AM

Author Topic: Costly Injuries  (Read 1287 times)

August 21, 2017, 12:11:13 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

i agree Lxxx. but Koeman wants to keep him.

Did want to keep him. That article above is 3 months old, we're not sure what his current thoughts are.

deCoubertin

August 21, 2017, 12:34:01 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Speculative value that. Any value assigned to Barkley and Coleman is hypothetical, and the value of players isn't necessarily what we paid for them in the past. Prob be better to look at them in terms of wage if you're going to do that at all.

What's your point, besides sounding smart?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 12:36:11 AM
Reply #17

Shogun

Administrator
What nobhead stickied this?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 21, 2017, 12:37:49 AM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator
What nobhead stickied this?

*Checks log*

Oh.

*unsticks thread*

:blush:

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 21, 2017, 12:58:30 AM
Reply #19

SANA_DR0

Did want to keep him. That article above is 3 months old, we're not sure what his current thoughts are.

still does, or he would have been sold, im sure we had offers for James,  but we got rid of Barry instead...

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 21, 2017, 03:57:21 AM
Reply #20

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
What's your point, besides sounding smart?

Ouch!  :P

Pretty much what I said, wages would be a better measure as it doesn't assume somebody's idea of value. If I sell my car, I can decide what it's worth, but it's only actually worth what someone will pay for it. So take Barkley - he could be worth 25m, he could be worth 50m, it could be no-one would bid for him at all in which case he's worth nothing. That's not influenced by anything other that what someone has paid for him, which is currently 0. On the other hand, 70k a week to sit in the treatment room is pretty damn expensive to my mind. What's Coleman worth? That would be a complete guess, suspect most of here would have a figure much higher than a random neutral might. While the other players can be labelled as 'they cost us X', as that wasn't in the last few weeks in any case, their value now is again an unknown variable. What is McCarthy worth? I haven't got a clue.

August 21, 2017, 05:08:00 AM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ouch!  :P

Pretty much what I said, wages would be a better measure as it doesn't assume somebody's idea of value. If I sell my car, I can decide what it's worth, but it's only actually worth what someone will pay for it. So take Barkley - he could be worth 25m, he could be worth 50m, it could be no-one would bid for him at all in which case he's worth nothing. That's not influenced by anything other that what someone has paid for him, which is currently 0. On the other hand, 70k a week to sit in the treatment room is pretty damn expensive to my mind. What's Coleman worth? That would be a complete guess, suspect most of here would have a figure much higher than a random neutral might. While the other players can be labelled as 'they cost us X', as that wasn't in the last few weeks in any case, their value now is again an unknown variable. What is McCarthy worth? I haven't got a clue.

Yeah I know and it is sensible...but he's not really trying to find a tangible amount that those players are worth is he? He's just saying, you know, lot of talent on the treatment table that would be better on the pitch or in the market?

Unless I've misread his post and he really was asking exactly how much are these players worth for some reason.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 06:40:21 AM
Reply #22

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I know and it is sensible...but he's not really trying to find a tangible amount that those players are worth is he? He's just saying, you know, lot of talent on the treatment table that would be better on the pitch or in the market?

Unless I've misread his post and he really was asking exactly how much are these players worth for some reason.

The talent in the treatment room is worthy of discussion, guess I was caught more by the 'over 100m' bit and reacting to that.  :blush: