November 18, 2017, 09:04:40 AM

Author Topic: Bainesy  (Read 786 times)

August 19, 2017, 05:31:35 PM
Read 786 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Started well hasn't he.

Couldn't find the thread where I tipped him for a return to vintage Baines, so I just wanted to make sure that we are all absolutely clear on this - he's going to flourish with this edge of the box interplay stuff we're playing and these intelligent players we have buzzing about the old box.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

August 19, 2017, 05:34:46 PM
Reply #1

BlueBeagle

Can't be far off a Testimonial now can he?

Best left back I've ever seen play for us (granted the competition has been largely atrocious).

August 19, 2017, 05:56:12 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Still got plenty left in him yet. It would be nice if we could sort the left hand side out in front of him, pretty much anyone that's played in front of him in recent years has tended to drift back in to the centre and leave nothing in front of him to work with. Comments of "legs gone" etc are still a bit off the mark but that tends to get thrown at any player that reaches 30 these days.

August 19, 2017, 06:04:07 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Looking forward to the Baines/Sig/Klaassen little clever triangles. If Koeman plays Sig out there.

August 19, 2017, 06:28:09 PM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Sitting alongside Rooney as the best footballer at the club. He's a brilliant player.

August 21, 2017, 10:03:24 PM
Reply #5

Marky Mark and the funky

He hardly ever seems to go for reaching the by-line and crossing these days but is that actually a choice on his part?

So few goals are scored from direct crosses (I saw some stat along the lines of 3%, 6% in a team with tall-grok strikers) that I have started to believe Baines looking to interplay back inside when in seemingly decent crossing positions might actually be him assessing his options with his experience and realising there is nothing in the middle of penalty area worth whipping the ball in.

August 21, 2017, 10:06:35 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Drilled low balls into the box convert better, and he does lean towards that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 10:06:59 PM
Reply #7

Bluenose 91

Absolutely love him.

What a player he's been for us.

Really hope we manage to win a trophy this season whilst him and Jagielka are still with us.

August 21, 2017, 10:13:24 PM
Reply #8

Realist

He's been great for us, him & Pienaar were amazing together

August 21, 2017, 10:16:26 PM
Reply #9

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
He's been great for us, him & Pienaar were amazing together

Loving the all-new positive Defeatist.  ;D

August 21, 2017, 10:44:43 PM
Reply #10

Everton Mint

Great player... been wasted with the formations RK has played until the H. Split game.

August 21, 2017, 11:16:18 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

He's been a different style of player under Koeman, but still tremendously effective.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 21, 2017, 11:24:01 PM
Reply #12

Trowel

He picked up in the second half of last season, but I don't think our formation has allowed Baines to perform anywhere near the levels he hit under Moyes - he still checks too many balls back into midfield or the centre backs, and doesn't get the opportunity to make overlapping runs.

Entirely down to us lacking a dedicated left winger, so looking forward to seeing our forward line tonight and how it adjusts to fit Sigurdsson.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 21, 2017, 11:37:12 PM
Reply #13

SANA_DR0

always been one of my faves, loved it when he was made captain towards the end of last season, if Baines remaining captain means less Jags, ill have to accept, even tho i prefer Jagielka to Williams..

anyway. Baines deserves a testimonial, the man is a legend.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 21, 2017, 11:49:25 PM
Reply #14

Fynci

Still great going forward but I've seen a few defensive cracks in the past few games. Taking Defeatists role in this thread but I'm not as positive as those of you above!
Cool + 380
Tool - 0