November 20, 2017, 06:22:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Split authorities unable to guarantee Evertonian safety for Europa League tie  (Read 3985 times)

August 22, 2017, 12:18:45 AM
Read 3985 times

Everton News

Split authorities unable to guarantee Evertonian safety for Europa League tie

Authorities in Split have been unable to guarantee the safety of travelling Everton fans for the second leg of the Europa League tie between Everton and Hajduk Split on Thursday.

Source: Split authorities unable to guarantee Evertonian safety for Europa League tie

deCoubertin

August 22, 2017, 12:25:18 AM
Reply #1

BlueBeagle

August 22, 2017, 12:42:52 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

Absolutely ridiculous, shouldnt be allowed to have Europa league games there then

They're basically trying to make excuses up before their fans kick off the second our fans get there

August 22, 2017, 12:47:51 AM
Reply #3

eyesalwaysblue

If they can't manage public safety chuck the cunts out.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 22, 2017, 12:58:09 AM
Reply #4

Buck76

Should be behind closed doors then, thought it could be after they kicked off at ours.....

August 22, 2017, 01:00:51 AM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not so sure we would have sold all of our tickets if they had said this a week ago, based on my previous European trips you tend to get quite a few families having a European break, this is really bad news for them, not a cheap trip either.

August 22, 2017, 01:25:49 AM
Reply #6

Lazarou

Disgrace, they have no place in European competition.

August 22, 2017, 02:35:35 AM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

What kind of advice is that when you're telling  everyone where the Everton fans will be? If you can't ensure safety at a public event then you lose the right to stage it. As per, the Ingleesh don't get protection because of our history with hooliganism. You can be sure if we fight back they'll steam is with batons and gas.

August 22, 2017, 02:49:36 AM
Reply #8

dangermouse

Quite simply the game shouldn't be played there then.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 22, 2017, 02:53:38 AM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Quite simply the game shouldn't be played there then.
Na,  look what Bluedylan has to say  lolol

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Europa League play-off draw
QuoteLike
Quote from: Everton Mint on August 05, 2017, 08:29:17 PM
Security is a big issue as their website shows: http://hajduk.hr/eng/article/important-pre--match-information/5679

Racism as well as their football 'culture' is what bothers me, more than their team's real ability.

We may have better players, but they are so naive when it comes to European football in countries like this. Unless we get really strong referees we could be on the wrong end of all kinds of shenanigans.

It's Croatia, mate. We're not playing ISIS or a team of Mongol warriors.
Report to moderator     Logged
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:56:22 AM by Escla »

August 22, 2017, 02:56:04 AM
Reply #10

Hajduk fan passing by

Idk what you're all surprised of? We told you this is where your fans will be on the match day ( isolated, secured area ) before the 1st game. It's a common procedure here and in entire eastern Europe. I hope there will be the day when it isn't - but it is now.

August 22, 2017, 03:07:09 AM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Idk what you're all surprised of? We told you this is where your fans will be on the match day ( isolated, secured area ) before the 1st game. It's a common procedure here and in entire eastern Europe. I hope there will be the day when it isn't - but it is now.

Well to be honest not surprised, we knew it would be dangerous in and around the stadium but to be told not to wear colours inand around the town suggests that we could be attacked anywhere in the city, man, this is not normal ! If anything happens I sincerely hope UEFA do something this time that no decently behaved fans ever again have to fear going to Croatia .

August 22, 2017, 04:29:30 AM
Reply #12

Macca77

Not a single Split fan was attacked in Liverpool last week, many of them were wearing their colours, in fact the ones I saw were all having a great time with the locals, no trouble whatsoever

Weird that eh

August 22, 2017, 05:06:50 AM
Reply #13

Bally

Administrator
The fact you're defending the indefensible now is fucking ridiculous, we have had a warning of not to wear our colours whilst over there, that's fucking ridiculous, Liverpool was full of your fans, and around the ground the fans were talking together, taking photos together and enjoying time together, your fans then decided to have a little bit of shit house tactic handbags trying to provoke, luckily the vast majority of our fans watched them get held back by some G4S and our stewards before the police stepped in, throwing punches at Stewards is fucking shithouse and a good amount of your support should have been arrested, attacking the area where it is mostly disabled where you first land is fucking shithouse behaviour.

Oh and just so you know, it was your shithouse fans that started throwing shit, Mirallas got a few things thrown at him then when we shouted at your shithouse fans the fucking lighters and coins went into the park end, it was all down to your fans, obviously some of ours retaliated, but to be told by your officials that we can't go and enjoy an away game because we are likely to get attacked shows that your club is a fucking mess and the fans are a bigger mess.

Pissed me right off trying to put it on us..
It's the roll I way

August 22, 2017, 05:09:50 AM
Reply #14

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

You have shit fans.

I have to return some videotapes.