October 21, 2017, 04:38:23 AM

Author Topic: a left footed central defender and a striker  (Read 6505 times)

August 22, 2017, 06:05:06 AM
Reply #30

burkey17

The thing is none of us have got a clue! Koeman and Walsh must have!? Hopefully?
So striker wise the only ones that I can think of are Slimani- Leicester paid 30m but he hardly got any game time last Season for them but did ok when he did. 8 goals? Don't really know?!
And 'left field' is Bas Dost but no links to him and they release clause is 50m Euros so 48m then!
Great record at Wolfsburg and Sporting but notoriously the Portuguese are difficult to deal with blah blah. Benteke not for me, Giroud- perfect but not a goer so back to square one!
Left sided Smalling? or Gibson but I think he's right footed? so neither really can play at LB?
So I haven't a clue?
Anyone else lads?

deCoubertin

August 22, 2017, 06:17:43 AM
Reply #31

Ravardo

August 22, 2017, 06:39:00 AM
Reply #32

Topper

A player a bit like Blind would be ideal who can play left back, reads the game well enough to play centre half and can also play defensive midfield if required.  Prob not the out and out strong centre half we are looking for but would be a good utility man to have.  I know he is currently in Uniteds first team but might struggle to hold down a regular spot there.

August 22, 2017, 06:40:42 AM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Neither am I, but he was a better striker/defender hyvrid that Warhurst.  Though Warhurst could play midfield too.

Whatever happened to defenders as strikers, did Steve Watson kill it dead?

No, Tony Hibbert did.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 22, 2017, 06:41:33 AM
Reply #34

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't this Ryan Sessegnon kind of cover all of this.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 22, 2017, 07:11:31 AM
Reply #35

piggypop

The delay in getting a striker in could suggest Dembele makes sense. I thought Celtic said he wouldn't be going anywhere until they had at least gone through the champions league qualifiers. Koeman said the other week it could be an experienced striker or a young player with potential.

If not Dembele, are there any other options in a similar situation?

August 22, 2017, 07:28:17 AM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

August 22, 2017, 07:49:30 AM
Reply #37

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
He should march into Bills office tomorrow with the names of who he wants and tell him to tell Moshiri to tell Elstone to tell Walsh to get right on it

You'd hope he has Walsh's number and could just send him a text tonight?

August 22, 2017, 01:39:23 PM
Reply #38

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Dzeko was mentioned a while ago as well wasn't he?

Also let me add in a random!

So PSG signing Mbappe, surely that means them selling Edinson Cavani....to us maybe?!

Am I being too optimistic?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 22, 2017, 01:47:12 PM
Reply #39

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Would love Cavani with PSG signing Mbappe, but its more likely to be Sam Vokes with Burnley signing Chris Wood :) I'd take Vokes tbh, but with them losing Gray he will still get the odd game. Only a week to go, so the pain will be over soon... for four months.

I'd still like to see us go for Dzeko or Das Boot.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:50:37 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 22, 2017, 01:47:33 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

Some mad shouts on here like.

August 22, 2017, 01:49:00 PM
Reply #41

penguinofdoom1878

The delay in getting a striker in could suggest Dembele makes sense. I thought Celtic said he wouldn't be going anywhere until they had at least gone through the champions league qualifiers. Koeman said the other week it could be an experienced striker or a young player with potential.

If not Dembele, are there any other options in a similar situation?

Andrea Belotti

August 22, 2017, 01:59:08 PM
Reply #42

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Would love Cavani with PSG signing Mbappe, but its more likely to be Sam Vokes with Burnley signing Chris Wood :) I'd take Vokes tbh, but with them losing Gray he will still get the odd game. Only a week to go, so the pain will be over soon... for four months.

I'd still like to see us go for Dzeko or Das Boot.

Oh God that would be grim to be hoping for Cavani and settling for Vokes!

Koeman actually said we need a striker if we want to get to the next level

Which excites me as it's a damn good striker that would take us to the next level, so I'm hoping that it's a mega expensive striker of my dreams that comes in!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 22, 2017, 02:03:46 PM
Reply #43

Cozzie

Benteke, Bas Dost, Dzeko, Giroud, Bakambu.

Be happy with any of those tbh.

August 22, 2017, 02:05:03 PM
Reply #44

Cozzie

We could get Bolasie to throw in a word for Bakambu.