October 20, 2017, 02:11:09 PM

Author Topic: a left footed central defender and a striker  (Read 6491 times)

August 22, 2017, 02:05:53 PM
Reply #45

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Smells of Koeman wants a 50mil striker, but Everton will "source" a 15mil one. I really hope thats not the case, as we need to keep improving our squad, and filling Lukakus shoes will be hard but now is the time we need to invest, as all the other signings will mean nothing and we will just end up best of the rest but a bit closer. City looked very good last night for the vast majority of the game, and no doubt Chelsea will look just as good, and United. But other than that, I honestly dont think we will be a million miles away from Spurs and Arsenal and certainly not from Liverpool, with 1 or 2 proper signings in the positions Koeman has highlighted several times - , which is a huge step forward for us.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:08:35 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

deCoubertin

August 22, 2017, 02:33:54 PM
Reply #46

Redartin

You do realise there is just little over a week to do all this and at the moment we are not even being seriously linked with anyone. If it takes as long as it did to get the Sig deal done we will be lucky if we see anyone before the Jan window.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

August 22, 2017, 02:47:10 PM
Reply #47

MmmBlueRamirez

Smells of Koeman wants a 50mil striker, but Everton will "source" a 15mil one.

Moshiri/BK's willingness to massively overpay for Sigurdsson directly contradicts this.

That said, we may be forced to accept a 15m second tier striker in the absence of available 50m ones.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:02:01 PM by MmmBlueRamirez »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 22, 2017, 03:00:40 PM
Reply #48

Massively overpaid? Probably overpaid by 5-10mil +addons tops, as they had already rejected 30+ mil offers, we knew what the price was going to end up at. Unfortunately that is the way it is these days, even moreso when you are less attractive than the top 6 (currently). I'm just happy that we managed to secure the player that Koeman really wanted (filling the hole where Niasse, Mirallas and Lennon could have played), and hopefully we can fill these other holes that he wants to also. I am really not that arsed if we spend 35 mil for a player or 40 mil + addons, as long as we continue to buy the players that we want to enable us to compete. Imo, its a bit small-time moaning about 5 million here and there, especially when we don't know the facts of just how much we have to spend.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:03:50 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 22, 2017, 03:05:26 PM
Reply #49

MmmBlueRamirez

Massively overpaid? Probably overpaid by 5-10mil +addons tops, as they had already rejected 30+ mil offers, we knew what the price was going to end up at. Unfortunately that is the way it is these days, even moreso when you are less attractive than the top 6 (currently). I'm just happy that we managed to secure the player that Koeman really wanted (filling the hole where Niasse, Mirallas and Lennon could have played), and hopefully we can fill these other holes that he wants to also. I am really not that arsed if we spend 35 mil for a player or 40 mil + addons, as long as we continue to buy the players that we want to enable us to compete. Imo, its a bit small-time moaning about 5 million here and there, especially when we don't know the facts of just how much we have to spend.

Yes, massively overpaid.

How much did Bernard cost? 35m? Proper value for money that cat!
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 22, 2017, 03:07:34 PM
Reply #50

Gary1878

I can really see a striker being brought in on loan this summer with view to making a serious acquisition either in January or next summer. Costa would be absolutely ideal to have to January, although very doubtful this will happen. With a proper striker on board, i genuinely think we will have made the leap to the rest of the top 6.

August 22, 2017, 03:09:40 PM
Reply #51

We can all quote good and bad, cheap and expensive signings all day long, but it doesnt take away from the fact that Koeman wanted that player and that is what he got. In the past, we wouldnt have got him, and we would have got 32 year old Bert Smith from Grimsby for 10 million instead. So whether it was 35 or 40 plus addons, as a fan, I really cant get all that wound up about it tbh. If we got Giroud for 20 million when his market value should be 14.73 million, then again, I dont give a flying fuck, as long as we improve and progress. It will balance up with how much dead wood we move on to balance out these few millions here and there. I think overall, with the likes of Sandro and Gana, Lookman, etc. even Rooney, we have done well in the transfer market in recent times, you get some great bargains, you pay a little bit more for some, but if you can overall improve, that is the important thing. Pickford and Keane were expensive at 30 mil, but imo worth every penny, as we can already see. I would much prefer to have them two, than two inferior players and having saved 10 million pound, to keep the bank account warm.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:12:15 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 22, 2017, 03:32:08 PM
Reply #52

School of Science

Yes, massively overpaid.

How much did Bernard cost? 35m? Proper value for money that cat!

And yet the same team paid 53m for Walker, seriously who would you rather have Sigurdsson for 40m rising to 45m with add ons or Walker for the above price ?
At today's crazy prices Sigurdsson is looking more and more like a bargain for me.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 22, 2017, 03:59:13 PM
Reply #53

hill135

I don't know what CB/LBs are available at this stage. Martins Indi, Riedewald, Moreno, Kongolo, Rudiger, Kolasinac, Ake have all been snapped up. Can't be many options left.

August 22, 2017, 04:14:11 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

And yet the same team paid 53m for Walker, seriously who would you rather have Sigurdsson for 40m rising to 45m with add ons or Walker for the above price ?
At today's crazy prices Sigurdsson is looking more and more like a bargain for me.

If we end up in effect swapping Barkley for Sig and about 20m it softens the financial aspects of the deal. We've done some great business revamping this squad for very little initial outlay. We're now only about 2-3 players away from being where we need to be however I don't think we'll be getting what we need this window. We might have to settle for stop gaps at this late stage

August 22, 2017, 05:03:00 PM
Reply #55

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It's going to be that Mexican fella isn't it?

Playing at benfica but doesn't really get a game

Got one of those awful scoring records like 14 in 129 or something, yet valued at 35million

Have I made this guy up?!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 22, 2017, 05:05:40 PM
Reply #56

Raul Jiminez? 1 in 4 for Benfica?

August 22, 2017, 05:09:54 PM
Reply #57

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Raul Jiminez? 1 in 4 for Benfica?

That's him. Never seen him play so i cant really comment on him

Just had a little look at his Wiki page. He is an Olympic gold medalist and has won league titles I suppose!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 22, 2017, 05:11:12 PM
Reply #58

Thornton_19

We need a target man who can hold the ball up.

It would cause absolute fume but there is clearly only one man up to this task and it is Fellaini.

Seriously though I don't know who we should get.

August 22, 2017, 05:13:05 PM
Reply #59

Lxxx

Anyone who picks up the phone will be adding an extra 10m+ on when they hear Bill's voice.