November 24, 2017, 11:58:00 AM

Author Topic: Ratings Vs City  (Read 1403 times)

August 22, 2017, 05:36:34 AM
Read 1403 times

mikey_blue

Pickford  7 - Nothing he could do for the goal, pulled off a good save against Danilo, but a few crazy kicks (weak foot)

Holgate 8 - Great performance from him. Felt sorry for him with the goal.
Keane 7.5 - Solid as a rock, reads the game well at such a young age. Our best CB.
Jags 7 - Still got it. I'll always be surprised by the pace he has
Williams - 7 - Looked much better when he was on the pitch, didn't do anything wrong.
Baines 7.5 - he's just great. In a good vein of form at the moment to.

Schneiderlin 6.5 - Played well, but he was a red card waiting to happen. poor refereeing, but you could see it coming.
Gana 7.5 - Another one who has started the season so well.
Davies 6.5 Busy, and when he got on the ball he was quite effective. didn't think it was yellow either
Rooney 7.5 - Well taken goal, and always an outlet with his hold up play. Some suspect passing though. Legs deffo haven't gone.

DCL 8.5 - Well played. Koeman has put his faith in this lad, and he's not shirked away from anything, proper sttod up and made himself counted against 200m worth of defenders. Made them all look average too. He'll sleep well tonight. MOTM.

Subs:
Sig 5 - Not a jab at him, but was anonymous, It's to be expected though.
Klassen - 6.5 - similar to Sig, but won the ball in a dangerous area, and cleared a certain winner.
Besic 5 - He's just mental.

Koeman 7 - Didn't like the look of the squad at the start, and after spending 150m, you'd think out starting lineup would look a little different. He proved me wrong though as he's made us extremely hard to beat, especially with the lads buying into his pressing system. Can't blame him for switching to 4 at the back after Walker got sent off, there was a chance we could of took a bit more control of the game.

deCoubertin

August 22, 2017, 05:40:23 AM
Reply #1

everton1952

agree with all that except Klassen who should have covered more ground after he came on and been more effective. 5 for him.

August 22, 2017, 05:42:04 AM
Reply #2

Rhys

Dont see how Holgate can get an 8 when his mistake ultimately cost the win. He did his job really well until that point but cant have better ratings than Keane, Williams, Jags and Baines who were all great without a costly mistake.

August 22, 2017, 05:49:46 AM
Reply #3

School of Science

Glad DCL is proving me wrong, just immense tonight, hope he turns out as shite as Harry Kane who I also wrote off when he played for England U 21's.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 22, 2017, 05:50:40 AM
Reply #4

blueski

happy to see Jags' demise hasn't materialised

in part he benefitted from the formation but great in the air and seems to have regained some of the pace he lost under the previous manager
Nil Satis

August 22, 2017, 05:53:33 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

happy to see Jags' demise hasn't materialised

in part he benefitted from the formation but great in the air and seems to have regained some of the pace he lost under the previous manager

Yeah, it's funny how abysmal fitness training can lead a player in his thirties to gain a gut and lose his pace isn't it
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 22, 2017, 05:57:57 AM
Reply #6

blueski

Yeah, it's funny how abysmal fitness training can lead a player in his thirties to gain a gut and lose his pace isn't it
yes but think its more than just the training and diet - seems there's a motivational aspect too

maybe rooney's come to the right manager at the right time of his career also
Nil Satis

August 22, 2017, 06:02:34 AM
Reply #7

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goal, he did make 1 good save, his distribution wasn't as good as usual and put us under a bit of pressure at times.

Baines 8 - He was a bit clumsy in the first 10 minutes but he soon raised his game, that tackle on Walker was sublime.

Keane 7 - He got caught out of position a few times today, made some bad decisions, would have been a 6 if it wasn't for some good clearances late on.

Jags 8 - Did you see that tackle against Aguero! Sensational today.

Williams 6 - Seems harsh but he didn't really do much today, took too many touches when he did have the ball.

Holgate 6 - Would really love to give him a 7 or even an 8, he controlled their attackers really well all game, that mistake was very costly though, should have headed it away from goal, 2 points dropped.

Gueye 8 - He's boss, a few clumsy tackles in dangerous areas but overall he was great, love seeing him get forward.

Schneiderlin 6 -A tough one really as he didn't do much wrong, but didn't do anything particularly well either. Sliding in to that tackle on a yellow was stupid, you can argue all you want, he made contact.

Davies 6 - Just wasn't really at it today, City played him well though, after that yellow he lost his bite a little.

Rooney 7 - I might be a little harsh here, fantastic goal though, hit it first time left foot, really intelligent play. Can't remember anything else other than that though.

DCL 9 - MOTM - I've got to say that I've never really thought he was that special, but tonight he was brilliant, caused them so many problems, didn't stop running, superb player, can't wait to see more of him.

Subs

Klaassen 6 - He probably did prevent a goal, however he offered very little else, he actually looked a bit injured?

Sigurdsson 6 - It's clear that he's not completely match fit.

Besic n/a - only on for 5 minutes but typical Besic really, does something great then cocks up something relatively simple.

Koeman 7 - I was close to giving him a 6, but on reflection a point away at City is a good point. If we have ambitions of competing with the top clubs then we shouldn't be conceding goals and being put on the back foot against 10 men, no matter who the opposition is.
The decision to go from 5 at the back to 4 was pretty detrimental, how anyone can say otherwise I don't know. That goal would never have happenned if it was a more experienced defender heading the ball out (it probably would have been Williams) or Sterling would have been marked by the extra man. Anyway it's happenned now. 2 tough games coming up.
We need an extra striker.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:18:43 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 22, 2017, 06:43:44 AM
Reply #8

blueski

Rooney 7 - I might be a little harsh here, fantastic goal though, hit it first time left foot, really intelligent play. Can't remember anything else other than that though.

jags said in his post match interview rooney covered the most ground of all everton players
Nil Satis

August 22, 2017, 06:47:33 AM
Reply #9

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
jags said in his post match interview rooney covered the most ground of all everton players

Did he, you'd never have guessed it.

It's not that he didn't work hard, he just didn't seem to warrant more than a 7 for anything else that he did.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:49:00 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 22, 2017, 06:53:32 AM
Reply #10

blueski

Did he, you'd never have guessed it.

It's not that he didn't work hard, he just didn't seem to warrant more than a 7 for anything else that he did.
i wouldn't have either - seemed like gana was everywhere to me
Nil Satis

August 22, 2017, 01:48:21 PM
Reply #11

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman let us down tonight. Wasn't brace enough or believe in us enough to go at them in the 2nd half.

Brighton had Chelsea 10 men but kept attacking and ended up being 3-0 up. 1 goal leads are hard to defend for such a long time.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 22, 2017, 03:12:54 PM
Reply #12

Mac934

Koeman let us down tonight. Wasn't brace enough or believe in us enough to go at them in the 2nd half.

Brighton had Chelsea 10 men but kept attacking and ended up being 3-0 up. 1 goal leads are hard to defend for such a long time.
You mean Burnley

August 22, 2017, 03:27:24 PM
Reply #13

sam of the south

It was Burnley, Con

Soz, @Mac934, my page didn't refresh 😁
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 22, 2017, 03:29:38 PM
Reply #14

van der Meyde

Koeman 7 - I was close to giving him a 6, but on reflection a point away at City is a good point. If we have ambitions of competing with the top clubs then we shouldn't be conceding goals and being put on the back foot against 10 men, no matter who the opposition is.
The decision to go from 5 at the back to 4 was pretty detrimental, how anyone can say otherwise I don't know.
We had a good 5-10 minutes of solid possession after the two subs which really helped relieve the pressure. Their substitutions and change to a 4 at the back helped them get back on top though.

Difficult to call really, but you're right that it contributed to the goal. I thought Klaassen/Sigurdsson might have helped keep packing our box with their energy to get up the pitch, but they weren't really anywhere to be seen.