November 18, 2017, 07:18:21 AM

Author Topic: Ratings Vs City  (Read 1387 times)

August 22, 2017, 03:34:38 PM
Reply #15

di_guyo

Thought we were pretty poor considering we were against a 10 men side, very negative. That's on Koeman I guess. Think that shows where we're at, top 4 is going to be a huge ask of this squad, I think we're realistically still about the 7th best team in the league. I don't think United and Arsenal wouldn't have been completely overrun like that.

Anyway...

Pickford 7
Baines 7
Williams 7
Jags 7
Keane 7
Holgate 7
Gana 8
Schneiderlin 6
Davies 6
Rooney 7
DCL 8.5 MOTM

None of the subs did particularly well - Klaassen's clearance was vital, but he gave the ball away too much, same for Siggy, and Besic got himself into a great spot and then fucked it (typical Mo).

Midfield was overrun, at times it looked like Gana by himself. Love that man, but he didn't have much help last night.

Koeman - first half 8, second half 5 (at best).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:36:09 PM by di_guyo »
Everton & Atleti

deCoubertin

August 22, 2017, 03:49:39 PM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
For the goal I don't think you can legislate for someone who is supposed to be a CB making a decision like that.

Re the second half we started to push players up when they had goal kicks in an attempt to stop them coming out to easily this worked pretty well for a spell with them losing possession much more regularly. This was, I think, the aim of the change to a back 4 as it allowed the 4 attacking players to be higher up the pitch.

They started to get round that though as they are a very good team who's prime focus is possession and neither of our subs managed to help us retain possession more which would have got us up the pitch more regularly.

Too often players would panic and not bring the ball down in space or when they did try it'd bumble away which probably lead to more safety first thoughts.

Re criticism it can't be seen as being too negative as he put more attacking players on and tried to get us up the pitch to hinder their possession at source.

August 22, 2017, 04:06:08 PM
Reply #17

Gary1878

Pickford 7
Baines 7
Williams 7
Jags 7.5
Keane 7
Holgate 6.5
Gana 8
Schneiderlin 6
Davies 6
Rooney 7.5
DCL 8.5 MOTM

I thought Rooney was great last night - provides so much quality and confidence on the ball and a calmness that most of our other players just don't possess.

August 22, 2017, 04:10:27 PM
Reply #18

mikey_blue

Doesn't matter what sort of spin you put on this, we were one mistake from a youngster away from 3 points away from home against imo the second strongest team in the league.

We set up to soak up the pressure, and we done a good job of it. Did anyone actually think we would rock up and start spraying 35 yard cross field passes? As for not taking it to them at 10 men, we took off a CB for an attacking midfielder, so we could take more control in the middle of the park, it just didn't work.

We'll reflect on that being a good point with the games coming up.

August 22, 2017, 05:56:26 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

Thought Koeman's game plan was superb and was very happy with the changes to try to retain possession. One of his best games managerially for Everton, in my view.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 22, 2017, 06:21:49 PM
Reply #20

MmmBlueRamirez

I thought they all played very well last night. Honourable mention to Fat and Finished Rooney for rolling back the years!

It's all going a bit 'Pep @Barca' at Man City now and it's looking a bit ominous. I'm just glad we played them early doors before they properly click.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 23, 2017, 11:40:00 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

Glad others are starting to see why i kept saying i wanted DCL in the team (in his correct position) for the last 3 weeks or so,
he best continue  to play in the middle!!

Wish we dont get a big name striker, i want to see DCL develop this year, if anything, get the winger/ball playing midfielder/left sided defender we need.

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 23, 2017, 11:43:57 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Glad others are starting to see why i kept saying i wanted DCL in the team (in his correct position) for the last 3 weeks or so,
he best continue  to play in the middle!!

Wish we dont get a big name striker, i want to see DCL develop this year, if anything, get the winger/ball playing midfielder/left sided defender we need.
We need a striker no matter how well dcl played

Simply simply lovely