November 19, 2017, 06:35:43 PM

Author Topic: Hajduk Split V Everton  (Read 11790 times)

August 23, 2017, 08:57:47 AM
Reply #30

eyesalwaysblue

Go for it. Bang in a quick two and watch them spontaneously self-decombust along with their 'fans'.

"Spontaneous combustion or spontaneous ignition is a type of combustion which occurs by self-heating followed by thermal runaway and finally, autoignition."

Cunts.
Followed by a spontaneous ban of 25 years in all comps for Everton, on account of us being there at the time.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 23, 2017, 11:16:18 AM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

Feeling more confident after the City performance that we've got the players and the manager to put in a professional, competent away performance in Europe and to manage the game appropriately. Play the strongest team available, get into the group stages, and worry about Chelsea from Friday onwards.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 23, 2017, 01:41:14 PM
Reply #32

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Feeling more confident after the City performance that we've got the players and the manager to put in a professional, competent away performance in Europe and to manage the game appropriately. Play the strongest team available, get into the group stages, and worry about Chelsea from Friday onwards.

Yes much more important to be in the groups than maybe a slight increase in a chance of getting something at Chelsea which would obviously be very difficult if we had whatever amount of rest before it.

August 23, 2017, 01:45:34 PM
Reply #33

Rhys

Yes can't be thinking the job is done and risk going out by playing inexperienced players combined with players who haven't had many minutes yet putting in a rusty display and going out.

Play a strong team take control of the match if we get an away goal they need 4 so if we go 1-0'we can control the tempo, conserve energy and rest players as the game goes on if we can.

Until then we have to go through so make sure the team is a strong one, which I'm sure he will.

August 23, 2017, 02:56:36 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

I'd play the most experienced side possible to get the job done. There are a load of lads going to have a fortnight off shortly with the international break so full steam ahead until then.

August 23, 2017, 05:14:41 PM
Reply #35

Gary1878

I would go with a similar side to the one we played against City with. This will be a difficult match to start with, and will require solid defending in the first 20 minutes. If we can keep it tight in the opening period, then we should go on to qualify.

August 23, 2017, 05:25:48 PM
Reply #36

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd play the most experienced side possible to get the job done. There are a load of lads going to have a fortnight off shortly with the international break so full steam ahead until then.

Can only hope that if Rooney is given a call up he does the sensible thing and says no thanks.

August 23, 2017, 05:27:14 PM
Reply #37

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Can only hope that if Rooney is given a call up he does the sensible thing and says no thanks.
Not a chance

Simply simply lovely

August 23, 2017, 05:34:22 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

August 23, 2017, 05:45:04 PM
Reply #39

Jamokachi

Not a chance of what ?

Of Rooney turning down England

August 23, 2017, 05:51:28 PM
Reply #40

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

August 23, 2017, 05:58:30 PM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Of Rooney turning down England

I think he would if offered, he must know that if anyone needs the rest after the Chelsea game it's him.

August 23, 2017, 06:02:41 PM
Reply #42

Lxxx

Big call for Southgate though. Rooney is the most in form English striker in the league at the minute.

August 23, 2017, 06:11:42 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

Me too, and that absolutely scares me shitless.  When has confidence (as a fan) ever meant anything good?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 23, 2017, 06:18:04 PM
Reply #44

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we will Everton the fuck outta this, let an early goal in, hold on for dear life and score late on to ensure progression

Simply simply lovely