November 19, 2017, 11:12:49 AM

Author Topic: Carabao Cup Draw - 3rd Round  (Read 1526 times)

August 24, 2017, 11:04:50 AM
Read 1526 times

American Evertonian

Sunderland at home.

If I'm not mistaken then Galloway and Browning won't be able to play against up. Otherwise will be a full Everton B squad to line up against us.

Shouldn't be any problem dispatching them. To make it better, Liverpool away to Leicester.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

deCoubertin

August 24, 2017, 12:40:21 PM
Reply #1

Marky Mark and the funky

Sunderland at home.

If I'm not mistaken then Galloway and Browning won't be able to play against up. Otherwise will be a full Everton B squad to line up against us.

Shouldn't be any problem dispatching them. To make it better, Liverpool away to Leicester.

They'll be stuck playing something like:

Terrible Keeper
Jones, Koné, Djilobodji/O'Shea, Oviedo
McGeady, Cattermole, N'Dong, Honeyman
Grabban, Vaughan

Fat Khazri the most potent threat on the bench.

A pile of turd compared to the worst side we could field :smug:

August 24, 2017, 12:55:38 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
They made quite a few changes in the last round - guess they will again.

Mind you I'd expect us to make lots as well, especially if we've got through to the groups.

August 24, 2017, 01:37:35 PM
Reply #3

Marky Mark and the funky

They made quite a few changes in the last round - guess they will again.

That was against a league one team, to leave any of the first-team out against us would be like throwing it, I hope you are correct of course!

[edit] Sorry league two, they got past a league one team in a earlier round which they also rotated for.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:40:03 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 24, 2017, 01:38:40 PM
Reply #4

Realist

WTF is a Carabao?

August 24, 2017, 02:26:26 PM
Reply #5

74Blue

WTF is a Carabao?
A Carabao is a red buffalo.
Carabao is the name of an energy drink in the far east, similar to red bull. The new sponsors are Thai based and are using the sponsorship of the league cup to boost their profile across Asia, hence the draws taking place at seemingly mad times. They started at home in Thailand, with this round being drawn in Beijing. It's basically just a Thai company taking advantage of the growing popularity of English football in Asia.

August 24, 2017, 02:51:07 PM
Reply #6

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

And is a prime example of how mercenary and money grabbingly shameless the league and football in general has become, detached from the fan and sucking up to anyone with money. It should just be the LEAGUE CUP, with the champions of it going into the Champions League, the FA Cup should just be the FA Cup not the Emirates or whatever cup it will be, again, the champions of that should go in the Champions League, and the Premier League should just be the premier league with the Champions going into the late stages of the Champions League. Its all about fucking money, nothing to do with football. Messi, Ronaldo etc, would still be playing  for the big teams, whether they went for 10 million or a 100 million - all this money swilling around just inflates prices, but as it is transfers are going to always be gobsmackingly tedious and money centric. The way its going the European Super League, made up of the top 3 or 4 super sides around each country in Europe will be  the main event and nobody will give a fuck about every other team, "inferior" leagues, down to grass roots. Carabao? My arse. Good morning.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:56:41 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 24, 2017, 02:56:32 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Decent draw then.

August 24, 2017, 02:59:34 PM
Reply #8

Alanvideo

Be nice to see James Vaughan running out again at Goodison ( if fit )
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 24, 2017, 03:04:24 PM
Reply #9

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Always thought he had the potential to go on to big and better things. Hopefully he, and the rest of the old boys get a good reception.

August 24, 2017, 03:04:56 PM
Reply #10

Shogun

Administrator
Nailed on this wasn't it
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 24, 2017, 03:29:23 PM
Reply #11

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I have the sneaky suspicion Vaughan will score.

August 24, 2017, 03:36:52 PM
Reply #12

BlueNoseMike

And is a prime example of how mercenary and money grabbingly shameless the league and football in general has become, detached from the fan and sucking up to anyone with money. It should just be the LEAGUE CUP, with the champions of it going into the Champions League, the FA Cup should just be the FA Cup not the Emirates or whatever cup it will be, again, the champions of that should go in the Champions League, and the Premier League should just be the premier league with the Champions going into the late stages of the Champions League. Its all about fucking money, nothing to do with football. Messi, Ronaldo etc, would still be playing  for the big teams, whether they went for 10 million or a 100 million - all this money swilling around just inflates prices, but as it is transfers are going to always be gobsmackingly tedious and money centric. The way its going the European Super League, made up of the top 3 or 4 super sides around each country in Europe will be  the main event and nobody will give a fuck about every other team, "inferior" leagues, down to grass roots. Carabao? My arse. Good morning.

I've always been against the idea of cup winners going into the champions league, especially league cup. At the end of the day the champions league is for the best teams in europe from the best leagues. You can fluke a cup win, get a few easy teams and possibly have to beat one top team. The top 4 have proven to be the best teams, most consistent across a season.

Yeah I get the point that if cup winners went in it would level the playing field possibly. If more mid table teams had a crack at it but I'm not sure that would happen. The top clubs would still sweep the trophies up. It would also dimish the league and top players wouldn't come to it. If only the top 2 and the cup winners get into the champs league are top players gonna take a chance on joining one of the big 6/7 if potentially only 2 of them will get into the champs league, or are they gonna go to a top team in another league?

Agree about the time of the draw. Farce

August 24, 2017, 03:37:25 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Hope we take this seriously this year, I've got a couple of shillings on us to win the fucker

August 24, 2017, 03:38:02 PM
Reply #14

everton1952

McGeady will play a blinder and tear us apart with scintillating unstoppable wing play. Years of pent up emotion at being written off as not good enough will be released in 60 minutes before he is pulled off.