November 20, 2017, 03:43:42 AM

Author Topic: Carabao Cup Draw - 3rd Round  (Read 1528 times)

August 24, 2017, 11:33:29 PM
Reply #30

Omar

And is a prime example of how mercenary and money grabbingly shameless the league and football in general has become, detached from the fan and sucking up to anyone with money. It should just be the LEAGUE CUP, with the champions of it going into the Champions League, the FA Cup should just be the FA Cup not the Emirates or whatever cup it will be, again, the champions of that should go in the Champions League, and the Premier League should just be the premier league with the Champions going into the late stages of the Champions League. Its all about fucking money, nothing to do with football. Messi, Ronaldo etc, would still be playing  for the big teams, whether they went for 10 million or a 100 million - all this money swilling around just inflates prices, but as it is transfers are going to always be gobsmackingly tedious and money centric. The way its going the European Super League, made up of the top 3 or 4 super sides around each country in Europe will be  the main event and nobody will give a fuck about every other team, "inferior" leagues, down to grass roots. Carabao? My arse. Good morning.

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?

deCoubertin

August 24, 2017, 11:57:29 PM
Reply #31

Robbie Moubert

McGeady will play a blinder and tear us apart with scintillating unstoppable wing play. Years of pent up emotion at being written off as not good enough will be released in 60 minutes before he is pulled off.

Maybe someone will pull him off before the game and he'll be too tired!

August 25, 2017, 08:11:47 AM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

This Carabao are Chelsea's training wear sponsor. Knew I recognised the name and logo.

August 26, 2017, 04:28:25 PM
Reply #33

Lincs Toffee

I'd love a cup but...is it feasible?

Last fifteen years league cups have been won by the top 6, bar 3 flukes.

Last fifteen years FA cups same again, bar 2 flukes.

I'd love a cup but...if it's not a regular thing then what does it mean? And is it feasible because tbh I think probably no.
Mate we are finishing top 6 this year so makes all the above feasible
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean