September 23, 2018, 04:26:26 AM

Author Topic: Europa League Group Stage Draw  (Read 10523 times)

August 25, 2017, 07:53:11 PM
Read 10523 times

hill135

Saw Atalanta a few times last season and they were worthy of their league position. I think they went 10 games unbeaten or something, which was a club record, and only lost it to Juventus.

Managed by Gasperini who has a habit of bossing it for one season at a time for some reason.

From what I've seen they play only one way which is fairly fluid possession football in a 3-4-3 and they're quite good to watch. They're unpredictable, however and can win games they aren't expected to and lose those they are.

They may come crashing back down to earth this season though cos they've sold all their best players and some of which are still there had the seasons of their lives which they might not repeat. They're one of those teams won't ever consistently be good because their XI is drastically different every year. They have the best academy in Italy but little inclination to hold on to their homegrown talents.

I reckon we're better them and 4 points from two games would be just fine

August 25, 2017, 08:39:08 PM
Reply #1

hill135

Really poor how in 2017 so many Italian grounds don't meet UEFA requirements. Interestingly though Atalanta have just recently bought theirs from the council so presumably they will make improvements.